GRE Study Group (for anyone planning to take in 2016)

Murli

Hi Guys,

This thread is for those of you who feel that having a study partner or a group would be beneficial for acing the GRE test.

I have found out the best way to study, motivate and progress on GRE in study groups. It is not through online forums or skype. Both of these platforms are effective but not the efficient ones. They tend to make you waste more of your valuable time. 

Statistically, what seems to work is a whatsapp study group. Think about it. We waste a lot of time on Whatsapp scrolling the forwards in numerous groups without any purpose and as a habit we keep on checking Whatsapp every now and then. This is the Link here. So, a whatsapp study group which has members who are serious about the GRE test will make a huge difference; what is even better is when the group is diverse with people from different parts of the community.

Anyone who is interested, please reply to the thread and pm me your whatsapp number. 

Please feel free to share any other better ideas that you might have. 

Also, if you come to see this thread and you know someone else who is preparing for the GRE test, please refer them here.

Happy Studying!

Hey, I think this a great idea mainly for Verbal section and introducing new words etc. I will be taking the GRE during the summer most likely around July since I don't want to spend most of it studying like crazy. Depending on whether I like my grades I will retake them in late October. I'm applying to Clinical Psych PhD programs. Why are you taking them? I'm not sure when you were looking to get started but I'm pretty interested. 

Hi, 
I will write it in May or June (not sure yet) and have started to practise this week. I am not a huge fan of Whatsapp, but I use and would be able to give a try in this group. Maybe we can motivate each other during the turbid times and learn new vocabulary, methods, resources, etc. 

Let me know when you start it. 

Regards,

I'm planning to write the GRE again (previously wrote it back in 2011, but my scores will expire this summer). I'm planning on writing it in May or June, the sooner the better. I'm strong in verbal (scored at the 85th percentile the first time around), so hopefully I can be of some help there. 

I have to do both the GRE and TOEFL this summer, I'm really nervous because of the math part. I'll figure out how to improve my English, but its been 12 years since I finished high school and its a small miracle that I'm even able to count to 10. I think I will post a sign at our math faculty that I'm looking for a tutor, because I don't think I can pass the math section without any type of lessons. 

I'm taking my GRE test this July and would find it beneficial to start something like this so we can all help each other when preparing for our exams.  

Best Regards,

Billy

• 3 weeks later...

I guys. I am new on this forum and I am really interested in your study group. I would like to thank you for this. However I have the feeling everybody is not in the same field. Am I wrong? For me it would be a grey test in biochemistry, cell and molecular biology. If any of you would like to create a group for this grey subject, please feel free to contact me.

I know I am kind of formal in my writing but I am not an english native speaker. Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎06‎-‎06‎-‎2016 at 5:03 PM, rajagally1986 said:

Hey.. I'm a part of GRE Whatsapp Study Group. To join that group you must fill a form about you. Click here to fill the form.

Hi

I have registered to the link you've posted here. Add me to the WhatsApp group

Hello Everyone,

I am planning to take GRE exam in July. Please add me to the group I would like to study with the group. 

I think I am somewhat prepared for vocabulary and math section.  For next two weeks I will focus on the writing section