Last week I contacted the graduate coordinator of my dream college to know the status of my PhD application. But she said that they have made offers and need to wait until they hear back from most of them before they could consider additional offers. At this time, they have not made a final decision on my application. What does that mean? Am i waitlisted or ????Someone pls reply.

Edited by Roja

You should really straight up and ask them. Do you have any other schools? Maybe use them as a reason? "Hey I know you have said no final decision has been made, however, I need to give an answer to my other schools now". If you don't have a bargaining chip, all you can do is wait, i'm sorry!

From the grad coordinator's response you posted, it seems as if you were/are wait listed pending notifications from accepted students. As the CGS stipulated deadline has passed, you should be hearing back from them once they have a better picture of the as-of-yet confirmed incoming cohort. That said, I agree with the above comment, and, if I were in your position, I would only contact them again if I were sitting on an offer that required a response soon-ish (1 week or so).

Good luck!