Columbia SIPA 2017

4 minutes ago, baysbar94 said:

They extended the deadline to January 10th.

Didn't submit until February :) I haven't received much funding from other schools so highly doubtful I would have gotten anything from SIPA 

Got in too, but no funding. In the resources tab of the Admitted Students Portal it says that it was going to come in your admittance letter, so probably no funding :(

1 hour ago, Palolem said:

Got in! But, I can't see any second link for funding!

I got in too Thank God!.. my letter said funding info would come later?... but other people are saying that funding info is on a second link...so I am not sure what to believe. 

1 hour ago, Vgpmc said:

also i was extremely excited about the confetti haha.

haha, same here! and the "welcome to SIPA" video is highly gratifying.

3 hours ago, Vgpmc said:

also i was extremely excited about the confetti haha.

Oh yes. Me too. I noticed the confetti much later when I was calm, was dazed at first. So happy.

Got in but looks like there's no funding! Also in at Johns Hopkins SAIS with a 24k funding and Tufts Fletcher with a 20k funding and Georgetown with no funding so most likely leaning towards SAIS :)

Edited by YunaCamel

Accepted with 0 funding for MIA but still the school under consideration. Looking back at previous years' threads about SIPA, there's quite a lof of controversy over faculty-student interaction and career outcomes for MIA/MPA graduates. My look at the employment stats suggest that outcomes are pretty good (lots of internationals mean that a lot of outcomes involve people going back to home countries to work for their own governments) but wanted to know if there are any current SIPA students (lurkers? :P) or alum who can talk about both of these factors and any other significant positives and negatives in the program :) 

20 hours ago, ArellaV said:

In for the MIA program with $50K funding!!

Holy cow! That's massive! Congrats!

15 hours ago, YunaCamel said:

Got in but looks like there's no funding! Also in at Johns Hopkins SAIS with a 24k funding and Tufts Fletcher with a 20k funding and Georgetown with no funding so most likely leaning towards SAIS :)

Congrats! You've got really great choices there! Also, I'm guessing you're a Yuna Kim fan from your ID, so extra congrats to you because I'm a fan, too. Hahaha!

@Student007 ahhh omfg im really a mad frigging hugeeeeeee fan of Kim yuna and my nickname is definitely the name of the figure skating spin invented by her if u can guess that already ahhhhh I love her !! (But im not a lez i have a bf right now) anyway sais or gtown will be the most ideal choice for me in terms of my career goal but I really wished I had got some funding from sipa as well just in case ;) it's NYC locations and ivy league name are indeed huge appeals to me ahaha

Edited by YunaCamel

On 2017. 3. 11. at 4:04 AM, ArellaV said:

Does anyone know if results for the International Fellows Program are out?

yeah I was wondering about that too!

Regarding the funding, you received additional funding notice I guess? Mine showed only acceptance letter, so probably I did not get any funding.. :(