-
Posts
974 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
11
Everything posted by dgswaim
-
Boom! (you're welcome )
-
Please place UPenn declines below vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
-
Ha! Mainly Matt Haber, Jim Tabery, and Jonah Schupbach. But they have a bunch of cool people doing stuff related to what I'm doing (Stephen Downes, Melinda Fagan, Anne Peterson, Dustin Stokes, Miriam Thalos), which is a big part of the appeal. The resources are quite deep. Plus, they really emphasize developing teaching expertise in addition to research, which is huge given the current market.
-
Removed myself from consideration at Indiana HPS.
-
How do you (or would you) guys break a tie between two programs that seem like a virtual dead heat?
-
Just declined ASU HPS. I feel gross.
-
Removed myself from Mizzou and FSU waiting lists.
-
The Gricean implicature of this is failing to parse for me. More reasons I hate phil language (namely, I don't understand philosophy of language). Thanks for the downvotes anyway, @Adequate Philosopher! It merits mentioning that when I created this thread the intention was that it operate in a pretty free-form manner.
-
You're right. It does sound pedantic.
-
-
8, actually. I was accepted to Utah off the waiting list lol
-
I grew up in Riverside. It is neither laid back nor free.
-
I did. Everyone was super friendly. Very nice departmental atmosphere.
-
I almost did my MA there. Cool group of people.
-
What the hell is going on at Indiana HPS? Does anyone have any intel on this???
-
Congrats! I hear it's a pretty cool MA program.
-
I wondered the same thing. I know who I'm rooting against in March Madness now.
-
Nope. Just that there's a good chance they'll be moving to the WL as April 15 approaches. Sounds like they just finished finalizing the WL, which seems odd. But I dunno. Rawling made it sound like I have a decent shot at getting admitted. have they told you what the funding is like? That's gonna play heavily into whether I consider them at this point.
-
"How much longer before you get a real job?" My response: "How long before you spend some time thinking seriously and carefully about something for once in your life?"
-
Waitlisted at Florida State. Might remove myself.
