-
Posts
974 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
11
Everything posted by dgswaim
-
Don't know if anyone else is waiting on Mizzou, but I have word from the DGS (solicited email) that results should come out next week. I'm guessing I'll be wait-listed...
-
Goddam motherfucking wait-listed and U of Utah. Seriously? *Seriously*? *Seriously*?
-
Cangratudolences!
-
I've heard Tufts doesn't fund their students particularly well. I don't know if there's any truth to that, but if so, it may be something to consider.
-
He said it's "only roughly and tentatively" ranked. Don't know about size.
-
I emailed Gilmore last night to ask about waiting list size/rank, and the contents of the above reflect the contents of his email from this morning.
-
For anyone waiting on UC Davis, I found out via email this morning that it's "unlikely" at this point that they'll be moving to the waiting list to fill slots this year. Unfortunate.
-
UT thinks I'm lame. Bummer.
-
I didn't wanna go to UBC anyway...
-
Well. Fuck, then.
-
I emailed UMD, and it looks like they haven't set a wait list yet. Their initial offers have all gone out, and they're meeting to set a ranked waiting list next week.
-
For shizzle you can.
-
This plan looks pretty well fail-safe from where I'm sitting.
-
I wonder what I need to do to get UBC to start sending out some PhD acceptances...? I'd be willing to: Bust out my acoustic guitar and serenade them with Townes Van Zandt covers, do a ritual dance of some sort, pay a cash fee, perform challenges of various sorts, give back and foot rubs, or buy the entire faculty a round of beers.
-
-
Thanks! It's pretty unlikely that I'd accept an offer from OU at this point, but I'll let you know if I have questions!
-
I emailed ASU HPS to ask about my status, and they said they've sent a recommendation to the school of life sciences that I be admitted with support, and that the approval of their recommendation is "largely pro forma"... so it looks like I have an admit from ASU HPS!
-
UT is starting to feel like a rejection . maybe they don't like me because my BA is from across town at St. Edward's University. Or maybe they just think I'm bad at philosophy. Probly the latter.
-
Don't know who they is. But fuck they.
-
WL-ed at U of Oklahoma. Is this a practical joke? Like... really?
-
I should say, I've met Rob and he's a *really* nice guy. But great people are sometimes very wrong.
-
Rob Koons... if you think Intelligent Design is true and global warming is a hoax.
-
Well... Galen Strawson...
