I am from Pakistan and planning to do my masters in International Education Policy/Development. I have applied to various programs and scholarships over the past couple of years including one MPA AND MPP program. My story is pretty much summed up in the image.
While I am still waiting to hear from Fulbright, university scholarships from UPENN, Kings and UCL; I need to be clear about what I should do if I don't get any of that. UPENN is like a dream school but even with 10,000 grant, I will need to take at least 80,000 dollars in loan. I wanted to know if its worth it? Cause if I take loan, I would need to stay back in US and pay back my loan as salaries aren't great in Pakistan in the development sector. I also got into International Education program in North Carolina Chapel Hill and my brother also lives there which will save living expense, but I do not like that program at all.
I have an option to go to Kings in London (and possibly UCL as my application is at the last stage). It will cost me 22,000 dollars but there isn't any option that I can find where International students can take loan. My sister lives in London and she can co-sign it as well.
I have almost four years of experience in the Education sector in Pakistan and waiting another year for Masters will neither help me save more money nor improve my chances for scholarships. I have already become insane because of all this anxiety of hearing from scholarships, so I would really appreciate some suggestions. In this situation, what would you guys recommend? SHould I take loan and go to UPENN? Is there a way I can fund my education at Kings? Or should I wait for next year and apply to HGSE's IEP (my dream program) which costs less than UPENN and some good state universities in US?