cariethehero

Members
  • Content count

    2
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About cariethehero

  • Rank
    Decaf

Profile Information

  • Application Season
    2017 Fall
  • Program
    MFA
  1. MFA 2017 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

    Hey guys! So many good discussions here...I was lurking until now but I have some hard time deciding right now so I beg for some help...If you please read my stupid history and help me out I would really appreciate it you guys! I applied CCA, SFAI only two schools and I got accepted in CCA and SFAI both in MFA Film. I have bachelor's degree in Fine Art Painting outside of US, however, my portfolios are kind of filled with videos. I wanted to go for MFA in film so that I can have the opportunity to deeply engage in video/film field and stuff, but anyways I think I want to make videos in the context of art, not like getting into a film industry as a part... I kind of wasted last fall - winter time to prepare for admissions for Fall 2017 because I was confused if I wanted to go for this or not....like I was lack of self confidence. I was ready for applying SAIC, CalArts Experimental Animation and UCLA Film but I just didn't submit applications last winter... So when I decided to go for MFA it was already March and I had no choice but those schools to apply for this Fall cause their deadlines were like end of March. I should have done research about more schools carefully cause I found Hunter's Integrated Media Arts (IMA) MFA and it's curriculum and goals seems like suits me. It's cost of attendance is also quite affordable. Now that I got into both schools and CCA's offering me 20% tuition scholarship, I'm considering going for CCA maybe but I'm still confused...Now I'm thinking of going CCA only for a year and then apply for Hunter IMA next year...or just not going for MFA this year and looking for some residencies - if possible - until I apply for Hunter and other schools next year. I mean I researched some vimeos and everything about CCA and SFAI and I have this feeling that both are not the exact schools that matches my work...or the works I want to do... What do you guys think, what's the best to do? I really thought too much of all the options that I cannot think rationally anymore!!!! And do I have to pay back the scholarship if I don't register the second year? Seriously I'm kind of lack of basic infos about US schools... Please help me outtttt!!! I'm freaking out. Thanks a lot.
  2. Hi. I applied CCA, SFAI only two schools and I got accepted in CCA and SFAI both in MFA Film. Please read my stupid history and help me out guys I have bachelor's degree in Fine Art Painting outside of US, however, my portfolios are kind of filled with videos. I wanted to go for MFA in film so that I can have the opportunity to deeply engage in video/film field and stuff, but anyways I think I want to make videos in the context of art, not like getting into a film industry as a part... I should have done research about more schools carefully cause I kind of wasted last fall - winter time to prepare for admissions for Fall 2017 because I was confused if I wanted to go for this or not....like I was lack of self confidence. I was ready for applying Hunter Integrated Media Arts(IMA), CalArts Experimental Animation and UCLA Film but I just didn't submit applications last winter... So when I decided to go for MFA it was already March and I had no choice but those schools to apply for this Fall cause their deadlines were like end of March. Now that I got into both schools and CCA's offering me 20% tuition scholarship, I'm considering going for CCA maybe but I'm still confused...Now I'm thinking of going CCA only for a year and then apply for Hunter IMA next year...or just not going for MFA this year and looking for some residencies - if possible - until I apply for Hunter and other schools next year. I mean I researched some vimeos and everything about CCA and SFAI and I have this feeling that both are not the exact schools that matches my work...or the works I want to do... What do you guys think, what's the best to do? I really thought too much of all the options that I cannot think rationally anymore!!!! And do I have to pay back the scholarship if I don't register the second year? Seriously I'm kind of lack of basic infos about US schools... Please help me outtttt!!! I'm freaking out. Thanks a lot.