Preparing for PsyD Interview

kitcassidance

Hi!  This application season, I applied for both PsyD and PhD Clinical Psychology Programs.  I have quite a bit of experience prepping for PhD interviews, particularly with a specific POI.  Because I did not apply to a specific lab for the PsyD program, I'm feeling a bit at a loss for how to prepare for my interview.  Rather than studying up on specific research, should I be looking at the program more broadly?  Do I need in depth knowledge of each professor's research, etc?  All advice is welcome! 

When I interviewed for psyD many years ago, the interview was actually pleasantly lax - I had to be well spoken about my interests, strengths and weaknesses but was by no means expected to know specifics beyond basic faculty interests. I was, however, expected to interact in a group discussion with other applicants and carry a meaningful conversation showing "critical thinking and interpersonal skills". I hope this may help!