Summer Research as a Master's Student

peanutjellyfish

Yeah, it seems like mostly I'll have to rely on professors referring me to various connections. I've asked several professors about this already, and only one was willing to help me out. A lot of the responses I got implied they would be more willing to refer me to other research groups outside of my institution if I were their PhD student. If I stay here, I need to somehow fund my work since a lot of the grants offered by my institution are for undergrads. I spoke with some other students and they suggested that I either delay my undergrad graduation (to be eligible for funds) or TA a class over the summer for $$. 

Edited by peanutbutterjellyfish

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2018 at 1:36 AM, peanutbutterjellyfish said:

Yeah, it seems like mostly I'll have to rely on professors referring me to various connections. I've asked several professors about this already, and only one was willing to help me out. A lot of the responses I got implied they would be more willing to refer me to other research groups outside of my institution if I were their PhD student. If I stay here, I need to somehow fund my work since a lot of the grants offered by my institution are for undergrads. I spoke with some other students and they suggested that I either delay my undergrad graduation (to be eligible for funds) or TA a class over the summer for $$. 

National Labs

On 1/19/2018 at 7:07 AM, peanutbutterjellyfish said:

It seems like all of the programs I can find out there are for undergraduates only. I'm currently in a 5 year BS+MS program, where I'll be completing my BS this spring. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm in computer science. 

King Abdullah University of Science and Technology. I am there right now and it is so so good.

A bit far, but believe me, it will change your life.

PS. The stipend is insane...