Master of teaching OISE 2018

Saf88

23 minutes ago, atherudespoon said:

Thanks for the feedback! I definitely got a good vibe there too. Do you think in terms of doing a Ph.D or pursuing higher studies, MT would be better? just because I've heard that it requires a research paper and the program is designed to help you conduct research with little/no background in it, whereas the MA doesn't and it seems to focus more on practicums rather than research. But I do have to say I like the sound of having a Masters of arts, rather than a Masters of teaching at the same time. I guess I just wanna keep my options open for later if I decide to study further...

I think both programs will allow you to pursue higher education if that is what you wish to do! That being said though, yes, I am also under the impression that the MT focuses more on research and does require you to do a research paper of some sort. I can't speak to the MT program too much just because I have done far more research on the MA because it is my first choice, but I'm sure they get this sort of question all the time as both programs are so similar so if I were you I would call OISE to get a better idea :)

Edited by Ocean28

10 hours ago, statusquo said:

Do you guys think they could speed up the process if you told them you had other offers with deadlines coming up?

If OISE accepts you after you made a downpayment, then decide which school is best for you.

Edited by HopefulTeacher101

55 minutes ago, worriedstudent2123232 said:

idk what to do anymore... usually by last few years post, people have gotten snail mail by now as well let alone an email.. UFT what are you doiiiinnnggg.. 

Me neither... this is ridiculous considering some of us have applied in late October and November.. there is no reason to prolong the results this far into the year.

13 hours ago, statusquo said:

Do you guys think they could speed up the process if you told them you had other offers with deadlines coming up?

I just called them and explained my situation. They said nothing they can do. That they aren't sending out mail they're doing it by email so it's as fast as they can go. If you haven't heard anything it's because a decision hasn't been made. They cant do anything about, for example, the Queens deposit. so pretty much SOL

1 hour ago, Phoenix1781 said:

I just called them and explained my situation. They said nothing they can do. That they aren't sending out mail they're doing it by email so it's as fast as they can go. If you haven't heard anything it's because a decision hasn't been made. They cant do anything about, for example, the Queens deposit. so pretty much SOL

So i guess more waiting...

23 hours ago, atherudespoon said:

Thanks for the feedback! I definitely got a good vibe there too. Do you think in terms of doing a Ph.D or pursuing higher studies, MT would be better? just because I've heard that it requires a research paper and the program is designed to help you conduct research with little/no background in it, whereas the MA doesn't and it seems to focus more on practicums rather than research. But I do have to say I like the sound of having a Masters of arts, rather than a Masters of teaching at the same time. I guess I just wanna keep my options open for later if I decide to study further...

I got my Masters of Science before applying and joining the MT program. I have 0 regrets completing my MSc first, and nor should you if you decide to get an MA! You gain practical experience teaching too with a TAship! 

Edited by HopefulTeacher101

20 minutes ago, HopingToTeach1231 said:

Hi everyone!! Has anybody heard back that has applied for I/S stream? The wait is killing me!!! I've also applied in November and have not heard anything back. 

I'm with you, I haven't heard a thing. What are your teachables?

I'm doing Phys. Ed. and Social Science 

8 minutes ago, statusquo said:

I'm with you, I haven't heard a thing. What are your teachables?

I'm doing Phys. Ed. and Social Science 

Nice! I applied for Biology and Social Science! I've even called OISE, but they just said the same thing other people have been posting. I've gotten acceptances to other schools and I need to let them know by the 16th :( 

2 hours ago, HopingToTeach1231 said:

Yeup! I'll probably accept another school in the meantime, but still hoping to hear from OISE before then. 

I'm in the same situation as you but I applied in January so I probably won't hear back until they are done with all the applications that were submitted by November 15th.