Master of teaching OISE 2018

Saf88

On 09/03/2018 at 11:09 AM, HopingToTeach1231 said:

Hi everyone!! Has anybody heard back that has applied for I/S stream? The wait is killing me!!! I've also applied in November and have not heard anything back. 

Hey - I got my acceptance for I/S March 2nd...(I applied November 15th)... but maybe they roll out acceptances based on teachables? I know UofT rolls out med school interviews via email (once upon a time...)

Edited by HopefulTeacher101

5 hours ago, HopefulTeacher101 said:

Hey - I got my acceptance for I/S March 2nd...(I applied November 15th)... but maybe they roll out acceptances based on teachables? I know UofT rolls out med school interviews via email (once upon a time...)

Congrats!!! :) That's amazing! Have you decided to go to OISE? Also, what are your teachables? 

I am just hoping to get an email this week!!

42 minutes ago, Phoenix1781 said:

hahaha just don't give them your name and demand they get their shit together

LOL! I did call, but they just told me the same thing as before. They also told me that if I have not received any information yet it means that my application has not been fully reviewed and they don't have a decision yet. As soon as they have a decision, they will let me know ASAP. I handed it in before the deadline, but I guess more waiting.. 

6 minutes ago, HopingToTeach1231 said:

LOL! I did call, but they just told me the same thing as before. They also told me that if I have not received any information yet it means that my application has not been fully reviewed and they don't have a decision yet. As soon as they have a decision, they will let me know ASAP. I handed it in before the deadline, but I guess more waiting.. 

Thanks for the update, I don't understand how they haven't reviewed someone's application in the span of about 4 months...

2 hours ago, HopingToTeach1231 said:

Did they say why there is a delay?  

7 hours ago, hopeoise said:

I'm wondering if anyone has heard back that they're rejected? I just want to know if i'm in or i'm out. I don't want to wait for the end of april to find out. 

Nope nothing yet! Did you apply before the November deadline? If you did, they have to let you know by the end of March. 

56 minutes ago, HopingToTeach1231 said:

When I called they told me that if you applied before the deadline then you have to hear back by the end of March. If you don't then you have to contact them! 

That is really relieving thank you!! That puts the date to just a bit over two weeks then. 

59 minutes ago, HopingToTeach1231 said:

When I called they told me that if you applied before the deadline then you have to hear back by the end of March. If you don't then you have to contact them! 

What about for people who applied after the deadline?  Any information on that?

1 hour ago, Saf88 said:

What about for people who applied after the deadline?  Any information on that?

I'm not sure about that because I didn't ask. However,  on the website it says, "If you submit a complete application after November 15, decisions are available within three to six weeks of application submission, but no sooner than March 1". I'm not sure if that helps! 

6 minutes ago, HopingToTeach1231 said:

I'm not sure about that because I didn't ask. However,  on the website it says, "If you submit a complete application after November 15, decisions are available within three to six weeks of application submission, but no sooner than March 1". I'm not sure if that helps! 

Yeah, I saw that when I was applying,  but figured since people who applied before me are not getting a response, then I am not likely to get one before them. 

20 hours ago, HopingToTeach1231 said:

Nope nothing yet! Did you apply before the November deadline? If you did, they have to let you know by the end of March. 

Nope, I applied end of Jan. Ugh. If they actually follow what they say on their website (3-6 weeks from the time you apply) then I should be hearing back soon, but the way it's going... I highly doubt it.