Columbia Social Work Program Fall 2018

lanabeni

Advanced standing candidates that haven’t heard back yet! PSA! They just told me my application is in the final review stages. I applied 12/2 (officially 12/8). Anyone apply before that and hear the same thing? Also sending good vibes to those who applied after me. Yours should be getting to those final stages soon!!!

23 minutes ago, Kat_MSW2018 said:

Advanced standing candidates that haven’t heard back yet! PSA! They just told me my application is in the final review stages. I applied 12/2 (officially 12/8). Anyone apply before that and hear the same thing? Also sending good vibes to those who applied after me. Yours should be getting to those final stages soon!!!

did you get an email saying that? I applied advanced standing 12/15 and they emailed me 1/26 saying my application was entering the admissions process. is that what you're talking about? or whatever you received told you "final review"?

18 minutes ago, Olivia95 said:

did you get an email saying that? I applied advanced standing 12/15 and they emailed me 1/26 saying my application was entering the admissions process. is that what you're talking about? or whatever you received told you "final review"?

No they needed my transcript so they reached out to me specifically.

12 minutes ago, Olivia95 said:

At this point I think I'm going to make myself forget I applied lol

Lol some people still heard back around this time in the past weeks, don’t lose hope!! And if not today, this week sounds promising for those in the 11/30-12/5 submissions! When did you apply again? I lose track of everyone’s dates :/

Hello ladies and gentlemen I have been sitting on the side lines watching and waiting with all of you, impatiently at times. As someone stated in earlier posts we are gonna be on unified cohort. As I just received my acceptance letter for Fall’18. For those who are awaiting their news I wish you luck and see you in the Fall.

5 minutes ago, ItsnevertooLATE said:

Hello ladies and gentlemen I have been sitting on the side lines watching and waiting with all of you, impatiently at times. As someone stated in earlier posts we are gonna be on unified cohort. As I just received my acceptance letter for Fall’18. For those who are awaiting their news I wish you luck and see you in the Fall.

Congratulations!!!! Would you mind sharing when you applied/your stats?

Idk how you priority folks can stand it. It's only been five weeks and I already feel like I can't take another day of this. I'm seriously considering emailing them and letting them know I have to get back to another school by April 1st and seeing what they say, but I'm scared to after what's happened to other people who've inquired about the status of their applications. Ahhh. I feel like I'm debating about whether or not to poke a sleeping bear. 

23 minutes ago, Kat_MSW2018 said:

Lol some people still heard back around this time in the past weeks, don’t lose hope!! And if not today, this week sounds promising for those in the 11/30-12/5 submissions! When did you apply again? I lose track of everyone’s dates :/

I applied 12/15

13 minutes ago, ItsnevertooLATE said:

Thank you, My application was accepted on January 7th, 3.9 gpa I also have 14 years of working with psychiatric patients.

What program/length did you apply to? and did you get an email?

Edited by Olivia95

6 minutes ago, ItsnevertooLATE said:

Thank you, My application was accepted on January 7th, 3.9 gpa I also have 14 years of working with psychiatric patients.

Wow, okay. That’s very impressive. Also, this has convinced me to just email them. Might as well just get this rejection process expedited ???

5 minutes ago, ItsnevertooLATE said:

Thank you I am an older student, don’t say that trust me if I can do it so can you any of you/us!!! ?

You're welcome! Thank you for the encouragement; I definitely plan to reapply to MSW programs if this year doesn't work out like I had hoped. I just need to get some more experience!

1 hour ago, doctormelody said:

Idk how you priority folks can stand it. It's only been five weeks and I already feel like I can't take another day of this. I'm seriously considering emailing them and letting them know I have to get back to another school by April 1st and seeing what they say, but I'm scared to after what's happened to other people who've inquired about the status of their applications. Ahhh. I feel like I'm debating about whether or not to poke a sleeping bear. 

DON'T DO IT!!! LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES!!! 

4 minutes ago, Sunset95 said:

DON'T DO IT!!! LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES!!! 

Ah, too late. It's really okay though. I don't think I stand a chance this year based on the stats of people who have been accepted/waitlisted, etc. But thank you for trying to warn me!

5 minutes ago, Sunset95 said:

I'm still here lurking. I'm trying to keep updated so I can piece together this admissions process. This is a mystery I intend to solve?

I want to figure it out too! I gotta be honest though, it really threw me for a loop when someone said they were going through this year's applicants in "batches," lol.

4 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

I want to figure it out too! I gotta be honest though, it really threw me for a loop when someone said they were going through this year's applicants in "batches," lol.

I've seen a spectrum of stats so it's really throwing me off on how they've been choosing. And then are they grouping by program specificities or just general groups?

4 minutes ago, Sunset95 said:

I've seen a spectrum of stats so it's really throwing me off on how they've been choosing. And then are they grouping by program specificities or just general groups?

Literally no idea. I tried to make a document one day with a list of all the acceptances by program, but people aren't always specific and I just ended up thoroughly confusing myself, lol. If there's a method to their madness, I can't decipher it.

7 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

Literally no idea. I tried to make a document one day with a list of all the acceptances by program, but people aren't always specific and I just ended up thoroughly confusing myself, lol. If there's a method to their madness, I can't decipher it.

I'm thoroughly confused as well. But I'm going to keep lurking until I figure it out?

12 minutes ago, stheart said:

Don't you guys have other things to do? Lol. Keep busy.

Not really? Lmao. I'm in between jobs at the moment. But I'm also just an obsessive, anxious person in general, I won't lie. 

Have you heard back yet?