Louisiana Schools 2018

9 minutes ago, TurboDog15 said:

congrats to her! makes me nervous though..I think a few people heard back today :(

I know UL Lafayette spreads out sending their acceptance letters over the course of a day or two, so don't lose hope!

Not to freak anyone out, but UL Lafayette sent their first acceptance this morning. In the past they sent them out in alphabetical order by first name (the person's name who got one today starts with A), so you might here later today or even possibly some time next week! Apparently they're sending them out in two rounds this year. Also, everything I've just put is what I've heard from other people. If you've heard differently from the department or the grad school office, then I'm probably wrong!

2 hours ago, SLP17 said:

Awesome, thank you! Do you now if UL sends their emails out over a span of days/week? 

Days usually. We heard that they are sending in 2 waves this cycle (which they haven’t done before). 

Hmm.. I'm so curious to see how it plays out! The trend that I'm finding with most schools is: acceptances, then waitlists, then denials... a few days scattered in between (if any). Excited if there is still a chance to be accepted because I didn't hear back from them today! 

I know of 11 of us getting accepted today. No one received waitlist or rejection emails yet. I assume that will be next week. I would think the second wave of acceptances would be tomorrow and/or Monday.