MPAff/MGPS LBJ Fall (2018)

harshz3792

3 hours ago, MPPKollege said:

I am an applicant for fall 2018 MPAff.

When are we supposed to hear back?

I haven't heard anything from their program coordinator personally but going by last year's trend, we should hear something by next week. Fingers crossed!!

I was just curious if someone heard anything from the department with regards to decision.

I also applied to the MGPS program, but didn't apply before the December deadline. I submitted my application a couple weeks ago. I wonder if I will hear back later than you guys, assuming you submitted before the first deadline. 

Where else did everyone apply to?

hi y'all, been a lurker on these forums on and off, so I figured I might as well engage and help spread info while I'm at it. I got an email from LBJ this afternoon with the subject "Admission Status" and got accepted into the MPAff program! They told me that I will find out about whether or not I got a fellowship "on a later date", so there will be a bit more waiting. If it helps, I applied before the December 1 deadline and have several years of professional experience related to public policy. hope y'all hear back soon, good luck!

1 hour ago, boanthropy said:

hi y'all, been a lurker on these forums on and off, so I figured I might as well engage and help spread info while I'm at it. I got an email from LBJ this afternoon with the subject "Admission Status" and got accepted into the MPAff program! They told me that I will find out about whether or not I got a fellowship "on a later date", so there will be a bit more waiting. If it helps, I applied before the December 1 deadline and have several years of professional experience related to public policy. hope y'all hear back soon, good luck!

Congratulations!

I got a mail today too saying that I'm accepted to their MGPS Program. No mention of funding as of now but the mail does mention to be on the lookout for additional materials which will be mailed in the next few days. I think they will mention any fellowship/scholarship then. I applied before Dec 1.

Yay congrats all! I’m in too (pending final approval but basically in!) I applied to the MPAff program before Dec 1 deadline. I assume that I got the same email as you folks did, that I am being considered for a fellowship and I will find out whether I got it at a later date. It looks like Admitted Students day will be Apr 6 and 7. 

I am so relieved!! 

Edited by gelatinskeleton

congrats back to you both! I sent an email asking about whether they'd recommend waiting for fellowship news before applying for FAFSA or just doing it asap, and received a response that we'll be getting a packet with more info about admissions/funding in the next two weeks, so hopefully we'll be getting that news soon too!

2 hours ago, Troydai said:

My status is still “in review”. I applied before December 1st. Does this mean that I am rejected? I really want to be admitted to UT... finger crossed

Going by last year's trends, they sent out admits in multiple rounds. And in my experience, the graduate coordinator is very patient and helpful. They might be able to update you.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats, @boanthropy and @gelatinskeleton ! 

May I ask if you applied before the Dec. 1 priority deadline? 

I applied on Jan. 14, and on Feb. 16 I received an email stating that I have been admitted and am being considered for a possible fellowship. 

What was your timeline like? 

Again, congratulation! 

30 minutes ago, been_a_g said:

Congrats, @boanthropy and @gelatinskeleton ! 

May I ask if you applied before the Dec. 1 priority deadline? 

I applied on Jan. 14, and on Feb. 16 I received an email stating that I have been admitted and am being considered for a possible fellowship. 

What was your timeline like? 

Again, congratulation! 

Thanks! I applied before the Dec 1 deadline and received an email around when you did saying I was accepted and being considered for a fellowship. Yesterday was the first word I received regarding the fellowship. Best of luck! 

50 minutes ago, gelatinskeleton said:

Thanks! I applied before the Dec 1 deadline and received an email around when you did saying I was accepted and being considered for a fellowship. Yesterday was the first word I received regarding the fellowship. Best of luck! 

same!

Can someone explain to me the Fellowship? it says that I should reply before March 15th (which I will probably not do), and the letter puts a sum awarded in the in-state tuition and in the non in-state tuition sections for each semester...is that money that I am receiving that covers tuition?