My first interview is tomorrow and I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed at the idea of it. Normally I'm great with interviews but the added pressure of this being for grad school scares me half to death! I've looked up tips online and many of them were quite useful, but they were mostly generalized towards any grad program. Does anyone have advice specifically for our field, or, even more specifically, for an online/web interview? I know some people feel like not being physically present in the room with the faculty takes the edge off, but it only terrifies me more for some odd reason!

In my interview I was asked:

• How will you handle the obligations of grad school?
  • What are your clinical/research interest areas?
  • How did you decided that you wanted to be a speech language pathologist?
  • Tell us about yourself.
  • Do you have any questions for us?

The interview was on Skype and it lasted about 20 minutes. I was interviewed by the program head, the clinical coordinator and a professor.

@MassSLP2be - First of all, I hope that your interview went well!  

I am also applying to UNH and I'm a little confused by their process. I know that people have gotten interviews/ acceptances in waves. Do you happen to know if they're done doing interviews now, and since I have not gotten one yet, should I assume that I'm rejected? I'm surprised they decided to do interviews since their website says nothing about them. 

Thank you! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2018 at 7:32 AM, hmbanana93 said:

@MassSLP2be - First of all, I hope that your interview went well!  

I am also applying to UNH and I'm a little confused by their process. I know that people have gotten interviews/ acceptances in waves. Do you happen to know if they're done doing interviews now, and since I have not gotten one yet, should I assume that I'm rejected? I'm surprised they decided to do interviews since their website says nothing about them. 

Thank you! 

Hi there! My interview did end up going well, and I was accepted the following Monday (the interview was on that previous Friday). I don't know if they've finished their interview process, but with that said (and since I'm trying my hardest to be an optimist for everyone like they've been for me), I wouldn't be quick to assume you've been rejected! I know on the admissions results forum here that people had been interviewed and accepted 2-3 weeks before I was even called to schedule an interview, so I wouldn't give up hope! I'm surprised they're doing interviews now too, but perhaps it's due to the competitiveness of this year's applicant pool/the number of applications they're receiving. Perhaps you could call them and ask if they're still interviewing and admitting in waves if you're that curious? I don't think it hurts to do so. Their administrative assistant is wonderful and patient. Regardless, GOOD LUCK and I hope the best for you!

• 2 weeks later...