Indiana U-Bloomington

There is one admit to IU posted thus far.

Do you have any info on how many they have accepted this season/when they will be notifying the rest of the incoming class?

Hey-oh. In another thread, diehtcOke said that he'd been contacted only because he was nominated for a university wide fellowship. Based on last year's admissions/rejections dates, they will probably make decisions this week and send out rejections next week.

~ m

Hey-oh. In another thread, diehtcOke said that he'd been contacted only because he was nominated for a university wide fellowship. Based on last year's admissions/rejections dates, they will probably make decisions this week and send out rejections next week.

~ m

Thanks minnares!--

I read the new posts franticly every day (so I always seem to miss something!)

Thanks minnares!--

I read the new posts franticly every day (so I always seem to miss something!)

Me too smile.gif . I use the search in thread feature at the bottom and also the results search to find information from past years or about specific schools. That way you can cut through the clutter.

Hey, congrats on the waitlist for CH. I tried for them as well. Bloomington is my top choice/hope, though. It's not looking good based on the other rejects I've received though dry.gif .

~ m

Me too smile.gif . I use the search in thread feature at the bottom and also the results search to find information from past years or about specific schools. That way you can cut through the clutter.

Hey, congrats on the waitlist for CH. I tried for them as well. Bloomington is my top choice/hope, though. It's not looking good based on the other rejects I've received though dry.gif .

~ m

Thanks so much minnares!

I am from the Midwest and have gone to college there, so I am kind of partial to the Big 10 schools. Hopefully we will all hear soon and the looooooong wait will be over! :)

Thanks so much minnares!

I am from the Midwest and have gone to college there, so I am kind of partial to the Big 10 schools. Hopefully we will all hear soon and the looooooong wait will be over! smile.gif

Also, I'm not sure if you know this, but you can get a OneStart account for IUBloomington. It's their internal computer system. I noticed a link under the apply link that says graduate hopefuls can check their status that way. So I signed up. There's a link (kind of through a convoluted path to find it) that'll show you the status. All mine says at the moment is that my application will be review shortly. I don't know if this will be a quicker way to get information or not. I assume if they want me, they'll call. So call it another way to pick the scab (and yes I know that's gross). rolleyes.gif Here's a link:

https://onestart.iu.edu/my2-prd/portal/0

~ m

Also, I'm not sure if you know this, but you can get a OneStart account for IUBloomington. It's their internal computer system. I noticed a link under the apply link that says graduate hopefuls can check their status that way. So I signed up. There's a link (kind of through a convoluted path to find it) that'll show you the status. All mine says at the moment is that my application will be review shortly. I don't know if this will be a quicker way to get information or not. I assume if they want me, they'll call. So call it another way to pick the scab (and yes I know that's gross). rolleyes.gif Here's a link:

https://onestart.iu....y2-prd/portal/0

~ m

I was going to say I was having trouble with Onestart, but in fact, I was being an idiot. blink.gif

Edited by Nighthob

I was going to say I was having trouble with Onestart, but in fact, I was being an idiot. blink.gif

You're not an idiot. I bet it was because the Guest User link has that notice about grad students not getting a log on that way, right? And the other option looks like you already have to be a student and gives you a link to the admissions computer folks. I actually emailed them and asked. They were very nice about it, said it is confusing, and told me to just use the link for current students. Only then did I notice that it says "potential students" in there too (in tiny print, of course). So yeah. Was this just one more test to see if we're smart enough to go there? tongue.gif

~ m

Completely not worth it! I had to answer like 10 secret questions and enter a four word pass phrase.

(But yes, thanks for sharing the link. It gave me a distraction.)

LOL! Agreed (and you did know that you didn't have to answer all of the secret questions, right?). But hey, at this point, we're all twiddling our thumbs and watching the paint dry, so at least this felt like we could be proactive about something. Yes? laugh.gif Chalk it up as one more piece of clothing dropping in what others have called the grad school app season striptease.

~ m

Edited by minnares

I'm confused. I have a source at IU, and she told me that the committee met yesterday to finalize decisions, and that Bev didn't even have the information yet. Should we already count ourselves out???

I'm confused. I have a source at IU, and she told me that the committee met yesterday to finalize decisions, and that Bev didn't even have the information yet. Should we already count ourselves out???

I dunno. Maybe an overexcited prof contacted a couple of applicants? Or perhaps it's one person who double posted?

I was looking at past acceptance patterns, and there seems to be one or two random phone notifications thrown in with the majority of e-mail and postal notifications. Maybe if you're receiving a certain kind of funding package you're accepted by phone?

*sigh* I'm really freaking out now. If IU rejects me, I'm *this* close to being completely out of the game. sad.gif

I sort of think there still aren't enough IU acceptances posted. Look at last year, for example—17 acceptances posted. This year, only 3. I bet we'll see a few more in the next day or two.

True. But last year they doubled their class size to increase revenue (not all offers were funded, so some that went elected to pay tuition). And this year they're only taking ten or so. blink.gif

True. But last year they doubled their class size to increase revenue (not all offers were funded, so some that went elected to pay tuition). And this year they're only taking ten or so. blink.gif

So, you, minnares, and I make three. I feel sorry for the other applicants having to compete for only seven spots. wink.gif

So, you, minnares, and I make three. I feel sorry for the other applicants having to compete for only seven spots. wink.gif

HAHA! True dat. Sounds like a plan to me. I guess I'll see you in Bloomington! wink.gif