GSPP

Hey all,

So I just registered for this today- I applied to a few programs- mainly master's programs in international affairs, but also to two MPP ones- Berkeley and UChicago (Harris). I got an email from Jalilah LaBrie March 3rd- I got accepted to GSPP! I'm so excited! I'm out of town til tonight so I'm not sure if I have received word by mail yet, but I'll update once I check the mailbox. I think maybe Berkeley is emailing the people that are invited to the diversity dinner next month? That might be why many didn't receive an email- so hold tight, and hopefully you will receive word soon!!... I dunno why they wouldn't just email everyone when snail mail is clearly called that for a reason... Good luck to everyone!!!

hi all,

bad news for me :(. received my rejection letter on Sunday - i think the upstairs neighbors received it on saturday and dropped it in my box the next day. really bummed, and kind of surprised. live in SF, AmeriCorps alum, been working for a national non-profit for 5 years, work closely with sf local policy makers in the early childhood education field; 750 Q, 580 V, 4.5 writing, 3.5 econ gpa, boston college. strong lors, but maybe i faltered on my sop. anyway, just thought i'd let you all know the reject letters are on their way!

good luck to everyone!

hi all,

bad news for me :(. received my rejection letter on Sunday - i think the upstairs neighbors received it on saturday and dropped it in my box the next day. really bummed, and kind of surprised. live in SF, AmeriCorps alum, been working for a national non-profit for 5 years, work closely with sf local policy makers in the early childhood education field; 750 Q, 580 V, 4.5 writing, 3.5 econ gpa, boston college. strong lors, but maybe i faltered on my sop. anyway, just thought i'd let you all know the reject letters are on their way!

good luck to everyone!

Sorry to hear that, but good luck with your other applications!

Just got my letter in the mail today: waitlisted! Certainly not what I was hoping for, but also not the end of the world. I'm curious now to see what my other options are...

Sorry to hear that sad.gif but good luck to all of you with the rest of your applications!! They'll go better :)

hmm so I got a letter from Berkeley but apparently it's still not the official letter- has anyone gotten that yet?

What did it say? I'm in Chicago too, and still, nada.

What did it say? I'm in Chicago too, and still, nada.

Well I guess this one was from the admissions committee, not the graduate school exactly- it basically says congrats but then says that the official letter from the school "will follow shortly." Anyhow, mine just came today so hopefully you'll hear back soon!! Good luck! :)

Hi all. I received the good news today! With funding (?) for the first year. "All Education Fees" = tuition?

Wow that's so exciting! Congrats on getting in with all that funding! I think they are covering my living costs which is happy since I'm out of state- makes the program even more appealing :)

Wow that's so exciting! Congrats on getting in with all that funding! I think they are covering my living costs which is happy since I'm out of state- makes the program even more appealing :)

Wow congrats! Are they covering at least part of the tuition? It's a little confusing the way the letter worded it - actually mine is for "full enrollment fees". When I emailed them, they said the fellowship covers all fees associated with being a student. why can't they just say "tuition"? Are you planning to visit on 4/7?

Wow congrats! Are they covering at least part of the tuition? It's a little confusing the way the letter worded it - actually mine is for "full enrollment fees". When I emailed them, they said the fellowship covers all fees associated with being a student. why can't they just say "tuition"? Are you planning to visit on 4/7?

Hm no I think it's 10,000 to help cover living expenses for the first year but if I go then I'll definitely establish residency to drop the costs for the following year :) but wow ya they could have made that a lot clearer for you tongue.gif As far as the 7th, I think I will be heading up there for it. You?

Hm no I think it's 10,000 to help cover living expenses for the first year but if I go then I'll definitely establish residency to drop the costs for the following year :) but wow ya they could have made that a lot clearer for you tongue.gif As far as the 7th, I think I will be heading up there for it. You?

Yup, I'll be there. :)