Should I interview even if I know I already want to go somewhere else?

I was accepted into the MASLP program at Edinboro with an Assistantship. But I am still completing interviews for two other schools these next 2 weeks. It is driving me insane that their application processes are so slow. I have to give an answer to Edinboro by April 15th. I know I will probably end up there because it would be silly of me to not go to the school that is offering money. But I feel like I should do these interviews just to see what happens. I have already paid to apply to these schools, so I might as well complete the application process right? Anyone else experiencing this? 

37 minutes ago, Jordyn_M463 said:

I was accepted into the MASLP program at Edinboro with an Assistantship. But I am still completing interviews for two other schools these next 2 weeks. It is driving me insane that their application processes are so slow. I have to give an answer to Edinboro by April 15th. I know I will probably end up there because it would be silly of me to not go to the school that is offering money. But I feel like I should do these interviews just to see what happens. I have already paid to apply to these schools, so I might as well complete the application process right? Anyone else experiencing this? 

Do you have to spend a lot of money/time to travel to the schools that you’re interviewing with? If not, then I would just in case. You never know if they will offer you an assistantship as well. If it’s going to cost you a lot of money to travel there, if it’s a much money expensive program and you can’t afford it, or if you really like the Edinboro program over the other ones, then it’s probably a waste of time for you. I interviewed at one school, having a general feeling like it wasn’t the school for me, but it wasn’t until I visited and went through the interview process that I confirmed my disinterest. 

I agree, that unless cost to travel/interview is an issue, you might as well complete the interviews. Especially if you would consider changing your mind should they offer you the same or more funding. Even if you don't change your mind, it's always good to practice (at least for me).

That said, if you are absolutely sure you don't want to go to a specific school, there's no point wasting your time either. But if there's a slight chabce you could change your mind I say go for it.

I almost didn’t interview with one because I had other offers. I ended up turning those down for the school I interviewed for! Might as well see what happens. 

5 hours ago, AlwaysaFalcon said:

I have the mindset that you should accept every opportunity. Like others have you said you might end up liking the other school's programs better or they could offer you more money. Don't waste a chance like that.

Thanks! I went ahead and did the interview. I figured if anything, it was practice talking to people. 

On 3/28/2018 at 8:05 PM, chipsahoy2018 said:

I interviewed at a school after I had already been accepted to my top choice! I think getting the interview practice can never hurt :)

I second this. As long as it isn't too big a financial commitment to make it to the interview, I say do it and get the experience.