Worried for the summer..

ruby324

Hopefully I'm posting this in the correct thread. But my question is, what do grad students do in the summer? I started in January 2018 and I'm almost finished my first semester in a course-based masters program at a school 5 hours from my hometown. I'll be heading back for the summer. Now I'm confused about what I'm going to do in the summer. I seem to be a much slower learner than everyone here. I applied to a few summer internships but haven't heard anything back yet. I want to take this short 2 week seminar/workshop that's related to my field. And I'm also planning on writing 2 actuary exams in the summer. But if I don't get any internships, am I the worst graduate student to ever exist? What else could I try for? I'm legitimately stressed out about how this lack of work will look in future interviews for jobs etc. Thanks for any advice. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I feel better knowing I'm not the only one feeling this way and yes I am going to apply for more internships. I think I'm also going through the "imposter syndrome phase" right now so I was feeling even more anxious.