How long to wait for an email reply

HannahRae

So yesterday I replied to an email from a potential supervisor for a first year internship. I sent her my interview availability yesterday and still haven't heard back. Logically I know I should give her more time before I freak out that she hasn't responded yet, but illogically my anxiety is creeping in. 

How long should I wait to follow up? A part of the anxiety is that I have to ask for time off work and shocker, I can't tell my boss I'm going on internship interviews. 

plz help!

If she knows that she missed it because of something that came up, she might follow up with you later with some more proposed time slots (and maybe an explanation.) You could follow up if you have not heard from her say for the rest of this week...This happens sometimes.

I would give her until Monday she may be coordinating scheduling you as well as other candidates for the interview. 

Is your boss aware that you applied for grad school? If so wouldn't you stop working there soon-ish?

Thank you both! My anxiety makes me such an over-worrier. I think I'll send her a follow up on Friday afternoon and give her more dates that I can come in as well. 

My boss is the most oblivious person. She somehow didn't realize I was doing my applications at work. I am going to school in the city where I live so I can keep my job until mid August! 

Re-posting as this is a more relevant thread:

I emailed my advisor that I’ll be attending their program. I also rejected everyone else and already committed in their portal.  Haven’t received a reply in 4 business days. 

I’m getting anxious and feel like this is a bad omen– they were pretty awesome when we chatted a few months ago...

Should I be worried? (I am.)

Edited by Harlequin1890
To clarify

8 minutes ago, TakeruK said:

I don't see any reason to be worried, since you've committed in the portal and secured yourself a spot in the program! 

Right— I guess I’ve been reading too many threads about bad communciation/relationships with advisors, and how difficult that is. Thank you!