Still waiting...

Well, it is April 16th and I am still apparently on the waitlist. I called today to learn that it may be May before I hear anything more. This is really nerve-racking. While I am lucky in that I am nearby UT and not going to be moving soon, I need to get a job if it is a no. I didn't have high hopes for this cycle and expected to reapply to more schools next year, but I also expected to have clear answers by today...

2 hours ago, CulturalCriminal said:

Well, it is April 16th and I am still apparently on the waitlist. I called today to learn that it may be May before I hear anything more. This is really nerve-racking. While I am lucky in that I am nearby UT and not going to be moving soon, I need to get a job if it is a no. I didn't have high hopes for this cycle and expected to reapply to more schools next year, but I also expected to have clear answers by today...

Wow! Good luck and I really hope you can get some clarity sooner rather than later.

2 hours ago, CulturalCriminal said:

I'm still on the wait list at Tennessee. They told me that the person they are waiting on has until April 19 to make her decision. We're in the same boat! 

Whelp, no longer waiting. Called today and get the unofficial n-o. Honestly, I’m feeling good just be out of limbo and I’m excited that I was on the waitlist at UT, especially since folks from MA program have really bad luck applying there. Next cycle I will have the freedom to throw a bigger net on applications and a better sense of how the process works, so I’m not too broken up about it.

7 hours ago, CulturalCriminal said:

Whelp, no longer waiting. Called today and get the unofficial n-o. Honestly, I’m feeling good just be out of limbo and I’m excited that I was on the waitlist at UT, especially since folks from MA program have really bad luck applying there. Next cycle I will have the freedom to throw a bigger net on applications and a better sense of how the process works, so I’m not too broken up about it.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you this cycle. But you came really close at some schools which is really good. If you apply next cycle, I'd be more than happy to offer whatever advice I can in whichever areas. :)

12 hours ago, CulturalCriminal said:

I'm so sorry to hear that. I'd imagine it was a pretty painful process having to wait that long, but now you can focus on the upcoming year and getting your list of schools / application materials ready! I second Warelin--if you need absolutely anything, let me know! It's going to be rather sad not getting to work on application stuff this cycle so I'm totally happy to help you (and anyone else) out!