Transfer Grad Schools

Hello! 

I was wondering if anyone has transferred grad schools for speech master's programs. I am done with my first semester and I feel the faculty are not supportive of me. How can I transfer grad programs? What steps do I have to take?

Thank you!!

I have not done this but I would take some time to research schools that would accept grad schools credits from a different university. You'd then have to go through the application process I believe. You could also possibly contact programs you're interested in and more information.

Best of luck!

I was wondering the same thing, and from what I gathered on grad cafe, transferring can be pretty difficult. As another poster mentioned, you would have to contact prospective schools to figure out if they would accept your courses from the other institution. Another option would be to drop out of this institution after this semester and just reapply in the fall to other places, without trying to transfer credits. Good luck! 

I don't think it's going to be easy to transfer grad schools at all. Most programs are run as cohorts and depend on people going through all together for their funding and plans. Personally, I would do everything in my power to make it work where you are. 

Transferring schools is not easy/most schools do not take well to it as they all have different course progressions.. I would say stick with it, it will prepare you to deal with adversity in the workplace in the future.