To anyone who T.A.'s, teaches, or took a gap year and taught high school in between, I have a few questions. I'm taking a gap year between my MA and my PhD and hoping to teach high school in the interim and I have my first teaching interview tomorrow. To anyone out there who knows the process -- I've interviewed for a lot of things but figure that this one will be a quite different set of questions -- what should I prepare or be prepared to answer in an interview for a job teaching AP English to high school (charter school) students? i.e., do I need to have a lesson prepared, a statement of teaching philosophy -- and if so what are some important parts of a statement of teaching philosophy -- or are there any questions that always come up that are specific to these kinds of interviews? Don't want this one to be lost as a learning experience since it's a great opportunity and I think it would be a great fit, but want to make sure I'm as prepared as possible and thought it might be helpful to get feedback rather than looking around on the internet to gauge how these things really go and what to expect from the academic standpoint of people who are experienced with this. 

Caveat: I have never interviewed for a high school teaching job. 

I would definitely have a mini-lesson prepared. I would also be prepared to explain how you teach, what has gone well for you, what you've done when things haven't been working in the classroom, how you assess students, your ability to teach to all of the different levels which may be in the classroom, etc.