Grad programs with a focus on Autism

Hi everyone! I am looking to apply to grad school for fall of 2019. I am beginning my search process and I was wondering if any of you knew of any schools that had an emphasis on autism spectrum disorders, or have great clinical opportunities to work with the population. A lot of schools on ed find have ASD listed, but it seems to just be a class offered. I’m just curious if any of you have found schools in your search that really cater to this population! Thank you!

Edited by Tjl2016

I think it's also helpful to look at the faculty of the schools you're considering, and see if any of the professors work with autism or are working on projects you're interested in within that field. That was one of my considerations as well, and helped me get a feel of which programs I'd be happier with.

I second @SpeechGal1234--Boston as a whole has a lot of clinical opportunities in autism. Most of the big Boston placements take students from the big SLP programs--for example, we send about two people to Children's Hospital every 6 months, and they also take students from MGH, BU, and Northeastern, I believe.  I am at Emerson, and some of our most impressive faculty members do research on autism (check out the FACE and LI+TLE labs). I would recommend you take a look at Emerson!

UTD has tons of clinical opportunities focusing on the ASD population.  Toddlers as well as adults.  There are two classes on it as well as a research lab, look up Dr. Rollins for lab information.  The lab work is well paid to boot.  Additionally the center of Brain and Behavioral sciences are doing some super interesting work using clinician operated simulations to assist adolescents w/ASD navigate social situations.  Check it out I wish I could have done It but I was too busy.  It's fascinating!

All this to say you could work with ASD every semester at UTD if you wanted ?

• 2 weeks later...