Looking forward to...

boxboss

I totally get the feeling. I wouldn't say I'll stop visiting the forum entirely, but I'll be so glad when I don't need to obsess over the results page anymore.

Definitely agree witchu...I look forward to NOT obsessing over my emails every 10/15 minutes during the work week.

I look forward to actually knowing where I will go. At the moment, I don't look forward to finding out whether I did get into my first choice or not. :lol:

I look forward to not having to obsess over my grades. I'm sure I still will, of course; but I won't have to. :lol:

true...I look forward to just being back in school, on track with my life...finally trying to figure out what exactly Operations Research (my field) is all about

LOL

good one

My mentor just told me last week that, God willing, I will never, ever, ever, ever have to apply to school again. And it hit me!

I look forward to feeling like a productive adult with an opinion that matters.

And a new address.

My mentor just told me last week that, God willing, I will never, ever, ever, ever have to apply to school again. And it hit me!

Gee, that would be nice... I wish I could say that myself. sad.gif

I look forward to feeling like a productive adult with an opinion that matters.

Good luck on that one, dude. I was never able to achieve that with ten years in the corporate world. I would tell my manager that the computers were going to blow up. And when they did and I would ask my manager why he didn't listen to me, he would tell me that he "liked what the other guy had to say better."

I look forward to moving out of my parent's place. Finally!

HAH, couldn't agree more. Moving back after graduation to live day to day dealing with the stress of applications and WAITING is definitely not what I envisioned. I also can't wait to get out from under the parents' roof.

... being able to focus.

I find myself so distracted by wondering the mail man has come yet, checking my email, or just refreshing the results board, that it's so hard to focus on other aspects of my life. Anywhere from work to leisure, I find this whole application process to be an albatross on all of it.

... contibuting to society once again. For the last 4 months I was moping around and feeling useless. It's kinda hard to get rid of a feeling like that when you were at your dream school for a REU internship and then coming back to my old boring life :(

Oh those wre the days...

... being able to focus.

I find myself so distracted by wondering the mail man has come yet, checking my email, or just refreshing the results board, that it's so hard to focus on other aspects of my life. Anywhere from work to leisure, I find this whole application process to be an albatross on all of it.

Same here. I'm been a slob of a worker and I've been neglecting a paper I am working on. I feel like I can pull away for a little bit...but I just get sucked back into thinking about it all again. Sigh.