What’s the most number of online classes you’ve taken during one semester?

I need to have 8 classes completed by the time I apply to one of the schools on my list. I have  never taken online classes before. Is it feasible to take 6 classes in one semester? When I was an undergrad I took 15-18 hours each semester.

Hello, 

In undergrad, I took one online course during the summer. In those years, I'd always take 4 or 5 courses to be considered full-time (due to scholarships mostly). I would never go over that. In my master's, I had four courses per semester during my year of coursework. I guess it would depend on your field but 6 courses sounds like a lot to me. Sometimes, it's a better idea to take more time to complete a degree to avoid feeling stressed out and doing things less effectively due to having too much on your plate. 

Edited by Adelaide9216

12 minutes ago, Adelaide9216 said:

Hello, 

In undergrad, I took one online course during the summer. In those years, I'd always take 4 or 5 courses to be considered full-time (due to scholarships mostly). I would never go over that. In my master's, I had four courses per semester during my year of coursework. I guess it would depend on your field but 6 courses sounds like a lot to me. Sometimes, it's a better idea to take more time to complete a degree to avoid feeling stressed out and doing things less effectively due to having too much on your plate. 

Thanks. I am taking leveling courses. 

I completed an online post-bacc which was 4 classes per semester ( although one class per semester was a one or two credit course that didn't require as much work) while working 50-60 hours per week. Yucky, but doable. If I didn't have to work I probably could have done 6 courses at a time.

If you can get away with working part-time or not at all, and you're a fairly quick learner who doesn't need huge amounts of time to study or complete papers, I think you can do it. You might fry your brain in the process, so try to take it easy the next semester!

I took four online courses during my master's within a single term. It was not that enjoyable of an experience. I was working a 50% GA appointment as well, so I am not sure what level of time you have, but I know it was not fun. Definitely is doable, but will require a lot of time management skills trying to balance the workload of that many classes.

Best of luck!