Need help or a second opinion on your personal statement?

Hey all,

I absolutely love editing and do it for my day job. I’ve had a slow few weeks at work and am looking for something to do :) so I figured I’d make an open offer to edit/offer feedback on anyone’s personal statement/letter of intent for SLP grad school. It’s something I enjoy and I think it’s really difficult sometimes to objectively edit your own work! I personally think my LOI has a huuuuge impact on my getting into grad school, since I had quite a low GPA. If you’d like help, leave a comment and I will PM you my email address so you can send me your draft. Please don’t spend money getting someone to edit your work, I love this shit and will do it for free :) 

On 6/14/2018 at 11:51 AM, ChaiTeaSLP said:

If you don’t mind me asking, what was your GPA? What schools did you apply to/get accepted?

Hey! My GPA was like 2.8 I think? Applied to Northeastern, MGH, BU, and Emerson (all competitive Boston schools). Got into Emerson. Don’t put too much stock into other people’s scores, though. Between grades, test scores, letter of rec, personal statement, experience, work experience... it’s really hard to compare yourself to others. If I listened to all the people in this forum, I probably wouldn’t have even applied to grad school ? good luck!!! 

• 3 weeks later...

Are you still available to review personal statements?  I'm applying to a Masters of IT program and need to submit one with my application. I know this is not the forum for IT stuff, but I just need someone good at writing.

Edited by FourTenths
Clarification as to why I'm posting in this sub.

1 hour ago, FourTenths said:

Are you still available to review personal statements?  I'm applying to a Masters of IT program and need to submit one with my application. I know this is not the forum for IT stuff, but I just need someone good at writing.

Yes! I’ll PM you my email and you can send it there :) 

Perhaps we could make this a thread of people who are willing to look over personal statements, so that no one person gets overwhelmed with requests and anyone who needs an opinion can have one? I'm an incoming first year grad student who LOVES to edit or just provide feedback on anything, whether it's topics you're thinking of using, the flow/clarity of your statement, etc. I applied to quite a few schools with different essay requirements, had to write additional essays, and picked a difficult/sensitive topic for my PS, so I can offer all kinds of advice. PM me and I'd be more than willing to help out!

Edited by MassSLP2be

Hi!!! Are you still available to look over personal statements? I am actually starting to apply to grad school for SLP and I am starting to work on my personal statement. I actually have multiple to right. If you are able to, that would be great. Let me know and thank you in advance! :)

On 7/17/2018 at 11:42 PM, Sioanslp said:

Hi!!! Are you still available to look over personal statements? I am actually starting to apply to grad school for SLP and I am starting to work on my personal statement. I actually have multiple to right. If you are able to, that would be great. Let me know and thank you in advance! :)

Yep :) Just sent you a message 

Hi! Do you mind looking over my personal statement? This is my second round applying to grad schools so I'll just send you my personal statement from my previous round and then go from there

Thanks in advance! 

Edited by jmall

8 minutes ago, jmall said:

Hi! Do you mind looking over my personal statement? This is my second round applying to grad schools so I'll just send you my personal statement from my previous round and then go from there

Thanks in advance! 

Sure! PM me and we'll exchange emails. Are you applying to SLP programs?

• 2 months later...

I know this is an older thread, but is anyone still willing to review statements, or does anyone new want to? I'd love some extra eyes to look mine over and give some objective feedback, and I would happily help others with their SOP in return!

• 4 weeks later...

HEY! Would you still be willing to edit? One of the schools I am applying to is MGH so it'd be great to have someone who applied there look it over!:)

On 7/15/2018 at 11:46 PM, MassSLP2be said:

Perhaps we could make this a thread of people who are willing to look over personal statements, so that no one person gets overwhelmed with requests and anyone who needs an opinion can have one? I'm an incoming first year grad student who LOVES to edit or just provide feedback on anything, whether it's topics you're thinking of using, the flow/clarity of your statement, etc. I applied to quite a few schools with different essay requirements, had to write additional essays, and picked a difficult/sensitive topic for my PS, so I can offer all kinds of advice. PM me and I'd be more than willing to help out!

Hi! I know this post was quite a few months ago but are you still available to look over personal statements? I really would appreciate any help!