How do I document observation hours?

Hi everyone! I've been shadowing a few SLPs in a private clinic but I'm not sure how I need to document these hours. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've seen past posts where people created their own spreadsheets to document but I'm not sure what I need to submit for applications in the fall. 

I agree, that board does do a great job of explaining what to do. In one of my classes at CU, we observed SLPs as part of the class and had a spreadsheet given to us to submit directly to grad schools. I attached it here if you want to take a peek, obviously there is a header, but that could be easily changed if you wanted to use it. 

ASHA SLP Observation Hours Log (2).doc

4 hours ago, Warelin said:

I think this board below does a great job at explaining what to document:

I think the template from The Speech Blog seems to cover everything needed. The more information the better, since programs differ. My program required I specify between child and adult, and treatment vs evaluation, which meant I couldn't use some of my hours and had to shadow longer.

Some universities only accept observation done at or through an asha accredited program.  I'd just check out what the places you plan on applying to accept.  Mine for instance required a certain # of hours with adults and children and language vs speech and fluency etc.

There's a form here: http://www.thespeechblog.com/resources/ 

On most applications, there will just be a box asking if you have completed the 25 hours or not. Once you're in, they'll work with you to get the documentation you need. I made my own form originally, but then when I got in I had to go back to the SLP I observed and re-do it. So, don't stress too much. If you have a good relationship with the SLP you're observing, I'm sure they'd be willing to help you out as needed. SLP's tend to be nice people.