Ontario Graduate Scholarship 2019-2020

Adelaide9216

I'll also be applying prior to my acceptance in my program of study (I am still at the master's level but will apply for PhD). But OGS is not open yet at my uni. Do you know when the program usually opens? Good luck!

I'm not sure exactly, but applications for the department I'm applying to don't open until October, so my guess would be sometime this fall? Apparently it varies based on specialty. U of T has a whole spreadsheet from last year showing the OGS app deadlines per department, so it might be dependent on your school/department. 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 6:11 AM, Adelaide9216 said:

I'm still working on my app. The research statement is so short compared to other scholarships applications ?

The shortness makes it challenging!

I won OGS this past year and I basically took the important bits of my SSHRC / Vanier application.

Good luck.

• 5 weeks later...

OGS is due Feb. 1st at my school. I'm a second year phd, applying for OGS. My SSHRC application was forwarded to the national competition for this year. So hopefully my OGS app has a good result. Who knows though! 

I did not apply for SSHRC or OGS during my masters degree. I applied for both last year which was my first year of doctoral studies. I was so rushed I literally spent like five days putting each application together and did not expect a good result... and my SSHRC app was not forwarded and I did not get OGS. I had two book reviews due the same week SSHRC apps were due... and I chose to focus on my assignments! I think a similar situation happened with OGS last year as well, I had a book review due and a conference presentation. So I pretty much wrote off both applications.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got OGS. Learned the news today. I was surprised, because they said they would announce the results in the spring. Since I have applied to four other scholarships for which I'll get an answer in the spring, the university told me to accept OGS for now and to get it cancelled later if I get Vanier, Trudeau or SSHRC. 

36 minutes ago, Adelaide9216 said:

I got OGS. Learned the news today. I was surprised, because they said they would announce the results in the spring. Since I have applied to four other scholarships for which I'll get an answer in the spring, the university told me to accept OGS for now and to get it cancelled later if I get Vanier, Trudeau or SSHRC. 

Congratulations!! That is very exciting news.