Television / American / Cultural Studies Program Recommendations?

Hello!

I'm new to this forum, and figured I'd reach out to see if anyone on here might be able to share program recommendations pertaining to my research interests and existing background.

For my Master's thesis, I examined questions related to television, cultural studies, etc. The degree I pursued was technically housed in an English department, though I pursued the 'cultural studies' stream. For my undergraduate, I completed a combined BA in English & Communication Studies.

Essentially, in addition to media-based programs, I'm wondering if anyone can recommend American and / or Cultural studies programs that might also be a good fit for someone interested in pursuing a television-related project (English programs are also not out of the question).

Thanks for reading!

There are a few programs that come to mind that might be a good starting point for you to look into:

1. University of Pittsburgh's Film and Media Studies PhD with English as the associated department. Alternatively, you might consider their PhD in Critical and Cultural Studies.

2. Brown University's Modern Culture and Media PhD

3. WUSTL's English PhD with a certificate in American Studies

4. Michigan's Film, Television and Media PhD

Many t

16 hours ago, Warelin said:

There are a few programs that come to mind that might be a good starting point for you to look into:

1. University of Pittsburgh's Film and Media Studies PhD with English as the associated department. Alternatively, you might consider their PhD in Critical and Cultural Studies.

2. Brown University's Modern Culture and Media PhD

3. WUSTL's English PhD with a certificate in American Studies

4. Michigan's Film, Television and Media PhD

17 hours ago, slouching said:

American Culture Studies at Bowling Green might be of interest to you.

Many thanks to you both!! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...