GRE scores and GRE Psychology Score Suggestion Please

Fi19

Hello!

Can you give me suggestions on which one of the two GRE scores to use and whether I should re-take the GRE Psychology Subject Test? I will be applying to clinical and counseling programs, mainly phds and terminal masters as backups. Thank you so much!

- GRE 1. V161, Q157, AWA4.5

- GRE 2. V158, Q162, AWA (waiting, likely 4-4.5)

- GRE Psych 730, 85 percentile

16 hours ago, Fi19 said:

Hello!

Can you give me suggestions on which one of the two GRE scores to use and whether I should re-take the GRE Psychology Subject Test? I will be applying to clinical and counseling programs, mainly phds and terminal masters as backups. Thank you so much!

- GRE 1. V161, Q157, AWA4.5

- GRE 2. V158, Q162, AWA (waiting, likely 4-4.5)

- GRE Psych 730, 85 percentile

Based on percentile scores, I would send the second one. According to the conversion charts, GRE 1 is V at 88 percentile and Q at 66 percentile (not competitive depending on your program). GRE 2 is V at 80th percentile and Q at 81, and you cross the 320 combined mark that makes candidates the most competitive. 

I would agree with @ResilientDreams and send both if allowed, but 2 is probably the better of the two options. 

On 9/5/2018 at 6:42 PM, ResilientDreams said:

Can't you send both?

I think different programs have different policies regarding this. Thank you for the suggestion though. I will definitly send both if allowed!

14 hours ago, Clinapp2017 said:

Based on percentile scores, I would send the second one. According to the conversion charts, GRE 1 is V at 88 percentile and Q at 66 percentile (not competitive depending on your program). GRE 2 is V at 80th percentile and Q at 81, and you cross the 320 combined mark that makes candidates the most competitive. 

I would agree with @ResilientDreams and send both if allowed, but 2 is probably the better of the two options. 

Thank you so much! This is what I was thinking, too.

11 hours ago, loffire said:

I might be wrong, but some programs state that they take the latest if you've had several attempts

I think you’re right. Different programs have their own policies regarding how they want GRE scores to be reported.