Columbia University MSW Fall 2019

MettaSutta

On 5/9/2019 at 12:17 PM, catatap said:

What happens if you accept NYU's offer and then renege later if you get into Columbia? I imagine you'll at least lose your NYU deposit, but are there any other lasting consequences? 

No clue!! I read that of course you are committing to go to the school and not apply or go elsewhere, but not sure how they would know if you decide to do so. And what they could do about it...

On 5/14/2019 at 4:11 PM, Stace718 said:

No clue!! I read that of course you are committing to go to the school and not apply or go elsewhere, but not sure how they would know if you decide to do so. And what they could do about it...

My thoughts exactly. I mean, I wouldn't apply there ever again, but other than that? Maybe do a bit of research to make sure what the consequences are, but otherwise go for it. 

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. Was wondering if anyone here applied to Columbia's MSW program to start this Fall (2019). If so, would anyone be willing to share what the instructions or questions were for recommenders regarding the letter of recommendation? I want to give my recommenders a head start, so that I give them enough time to write a letter of recommendation. I just need to tell them what to write about. Many thanks!

-BSWTOMSW2020

• 2 months later...
On 12/29/2018 at 11:12 PM, meganruss said:

I had a very similar question for my program of choice. I decided to choose a particular field I had interest in (mental health) and then really took a narrow approach (focusing on adolescents with BPD). If you are too broad, you may find it challenging to address this question appropriately (especially in the page limit they provide).

Do you think it’s a good idea to write about the demobilization of women in the FARC (Colombian terrorist group)? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...