GRE low quant but above average both verbal and writing

I would suggest retaking it if your quantitative score is very low. I can't say for sure that it would hinder you from being accepted but it is best to try to raise the score to be sure. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2018 at 5:38 PM, dSLP said:

GRE low quant but above average both verbal and writing. Would you retake it? 

I keep hearing that I should retake it, my quant is very low.. but the other 2 are great. I am not sure what to do?

What are your scores?  I would say if your quantitative is below a 148 or 147 you should consider retaking.  However, some scores look at your overall total so it really depends how high your verbal is.  My score was 151 verbal and 149 quantitative and I didn't have a problem getting accepted. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2018 at 12:45 PM, WesttoEast18 said:

What are your scores?  I would say if your quantitative is below a 148 or 147 you should consider retaking.  However, some scores look at your overall total so it really depends how high your verbal is.  My score was 151 verbal and 149 quantitative and I didn't have a problem getting accepted. 

I got a 151 in verbal and 147 in quant. What do you think...should I take it again? 

On 10/23/2018 at 11:03 PM, Mel-SLP2B said:

I got a 151 in verbal and 147 in quant. What do you think...should I take it again? 

It depends. Do you have a high gpa and experience? Also, was your writing score a 4 or above? If all those are yes then you probably don’t. 

On 10/26/2018 at 2:34 PM, WesttoEast18 said:

It depends. Do you have a high gpa and experience? Also, was your writing score a 4 or above? If all those are yes then you probably don’t. 

I have a high GPA and experience! Not sure about my writing yet. I just recently took it last week. 

I think I would say it depends on what you get as a writing score. Your quant score is not terribly low, and most schools place their main focus on the verbal and writing scores anyway. Do you feel like you could greatly improve your quant score if you retake it? Or that a retake might up your verbal score a few points? I personally decided against a retake because I didn't want to put myself through the stress of the test all over again! Once you have your writing score, I'd check out the schools you're looking at on EdFind for their average GRE scores, and go from there. If you decide not to retake, just make sure to really highlight your experience in your statement of purpose and make sure it really shines through! Hope this helps!