I am going to be *that* person and seek opinions about whether my scores are good enough for graduate school admission. I am applying to 13 schools (yes, I know that's a lot. But I am anxious because of my low GPA compared to the average accepted GPA).

uGPA: 3.43/4.00

CSD GPA: 3.75/4.00

Last-60 GPA: 3.80/4.00

GRE: 157 V, 154 Q, 4.5 AW

I am a CS&D major with an Education minor.  I have been involved in 2 research labs during undergrad; one for three semesters studying bilingual language acquisition and language development and the other studing Parkinson's Disease using rat models. I currently  serve on the executive board of NSSLHA as the Secretary. I was a Camp Counselor at an overnight summer camp for kiddos on the autism spectrum. I am working as a conversation volunteer in our schools speech and language clinic. I also am enrolled in a service-learning course as a mentor for children in our public school district who experience homelessness. Finally, I have been an RA for our dorms for the past 2 years. I think I have a diverse amount of leadership and research experiences which could help that lower GPA. (Also, being a male in the field, many of my colleagues have told me I shouldn't worry about not getting in. Personally, I don't buy that because programs are trying to get the best applicants no matter what, right?)

I know Letters of recommendation are important as well and two of my three professors are revered as "innovative" in their respected research fields so hopefully their opinions may help. I also know them pretty well, so it's not like I asked strangers for the sake of them just looking good to schools. My letter of intent has been looked over by many sets of eyes and will continue to be looked over. I've been told it sounds good by colleagues who have been through the application process. (I only mention these things because I know ad comm's look at the applicant holistically)

As you can tell by my sheer number of schools, I am pretty anxious about getting in. CS&D has become my passion since finding the major and it would be a blow if I couldn't get in. Any thoughts? I'd love to hear from people going through their applications too! :)

• 3 months later...

You’ll be fine. I have wanted to get my MFA in art since I was in elementary school. A series of life altering events took place during my time in college and was able to graduate, but with a 2.3 GPA. That won’t get me in to ANY school. I have spent eight years working as a waitress and taking classes out of pocket to gain post graduate credits and I earned hopefully enough to be considered in the review of my transcripts. You’re in a much better situation. All I have going for me is that I am a consistently productive artist. I need a second chance and I don’t know who to ask for that, ya know?