James Madison

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm also a career changer, and I applied to their online program as well and was accepted. The statistics look good regarding the Praxis pass rate and employment rate.  They seem to have good externship opportunities as well, and the program coordinator has been very helpful and responsive.  I have been told by SLPs in the field and former professors that JMU has an excellent SLP program, which I imagine would extend to online as well.  If anyone has attended this program, I would love to hear about your experience!

Hi there! Recently admitted career-changer as well. I went to JMU undergrad (different field) but I know the CSD program is general is serious there and that the program is ranked well.  I am wondering about the quality of the distance education as well. I am deciding between JMU's distance program and UVA (commuting from Richmond). I feel that the JMU one would fit my lifestyle better... Also didn't totally like the vibe I got from the UVA program with the elitist attitude...

2 hours ago, berd said:

Hi there! Recently admitted career-changer as well. I went to JMU undergrad (different field) but I know the CSD program is general is serious there and that the program is ranked well.  I am wondering about the quality of the distance education as well. I am deciding between JMU's distance program and UVA (commuting from Richmond). I feel that the JMU one would fit my lifestyle better... Also didn't totally like the vibe I got from the UVA program with the elitist attitude...

Thanks for sharing! I also feel that JMU would fit my lifestyle better, but I wonder about the variety of clinical opportunities available. Have you heard anything about this by any chance? 

On 2/19/2019 at 11:40 AM, slpsalaz said:

Thanks for sharing! I also feel that JMU would fit my lifestyle better, but I wonder about the variety of clinical opportunities available. Have you heard anything about this by any chance? 

Hmm the only thing I can add on this topic is that I want to avoid schools at all costs. I emailed Dr. Clinard telling her as much and she said that it was possible.