Low GRE scores... but high GPA and strong resume, should I retake?

Hi there! I recently took my GRE's and received low scores due to test anxiety. I do have a strong resume with lots of leadership experience (both with SLP field and outside) and an above average GPA. Do you think I should spend the money to retake the test? Or not?

Verbal:153

Quantitative: 141

AWA: 3.5

• 1 month later...

I know it's an old thread but, I found that buying the ETS books helped me the most. I went from a 4 to a 5 on AW after studying the writing portion, raised my other two scores a decent amount. I found them on eBay for 30.00 new!

On 11/1/2018 at 2:22 PM, Arcanelady27 said:

I'd retake it to get the AWA score up to at least 4. 

Best of luck!

What she said?I attended an open house at Longwood University and one of the first criteria they used to eliminate potential applications was the writing score. They wanted it at least a 4. Are there exceptions to that rule, I have no doubt. Good luck!

23 hours ago, MH13 said:

I know it's an old thread but, I found that buying the ETS books helped me the most. I went from a 4 to a 5 on AW after studying the writing portion, raised my other two scores a decent amount. I found them on eBay for 30.00 new!

Thank you so much, I appreciate the advice!