Leaving an Ivy

Taylor_Xo

I’m currently in my foundation year of my masters program for social work. I’m at University of Pennsylvania and having a very tough time here. I believed this would be an amazing environment but its been anything but that. I’m contemplating transferring grad schools to somewhere I feel welcomed and comfortable as well. I want to be happy.. anyone have any recommendations for schools to look into?

22 hours ago, Taylor_Xo said:

I’m currently in my foundation year of my masters program for social work. I’m at University of Pennsylvania and having a very tough time here. I believed this would be an amazing environment but its been anything but that. I’m contemplating transferring grad schools to somewhere I feel welcomed and comfortable as well. I want to be happy.. anyone have any recommendations for schools to look into?

Do you have a specific specialization in mind? Health, mental health, policy, school ect? 
Are you looking to stay in the area or are you open to moving? 

I am have a wonderful time at Loyola Chicago. For me it has been a really open and wonderful environment and I am very pleased with the selection of clinical classes I can take my second year. I have friends at USC, Portland State, and Virginia Commonwealth who are all loving their first years as well. 

2 hours ago, Taylor_Xo said:

I would study mental health, health, possibly older adults. I would be open to moving. I'm just having a horrible time at my school. 

Loyola has a sub-specialization in working with older adults and it is compatible with either the health or mental health specialization. There are also many great placements for working with that population in Chicago. 

Loyolas deadline isn't till almost april I believe so definitely look into it!