Audiology Applicants Fall 2019

allaboutears

Hey everyone!

I just got an email to do a phone interview with ECU on Friday!  This is my first interview!  Any tips on how to prepare/what they ask during a phone interview? I'm both excited and SO nervous all at the same time!?

On 1/10/2019 at 11:43 AM, Kybo said:

Hi everyone!!! I just officially finished submitting all my applications :) I applied to CU Boulder, Rush, SDSU/UCSD, Western, ASU, and U of A! 

@Kybo-- I received an invitation today from Rush to complete the supplemental application.  Have you heard anything yet? 

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 10:20 AM, CeNayNay said:

Hi all, 

This is the third application cycle that I will be applying to graduate schools in Audiology, the first time I applied to 5 different programs, the second time, I got 7 and now I am applying to nine different programs. I applied the fall of my senior year, and have since graduated May of 2017 from the University of Texas at Austin. I'll be quite honest, I think the main reason that I have gotten interviews at this point has been that I have working full-time as an Audiology Assistant in a clinic in my hometown since July of 2017. (yay hands-on experience!), even though I only have a 3.2 CSD GPA and a 3.4 overall GPA. In addition, I have taken my GRE 3 times, and finally got over 50th percentile for both Verbal and Quantitative reasoning. 

Here are my schools as follow: 

UT Austin, Lamar, Texas Tech, LSU, Salus, Florida State University, Wayne State University, CMU, Pacific University, 

Bolded=Interview stage

If anyone has attended Salus or  Pacific for their undergrad and can potentially tell me anything about their interview process, that would be greatly appreciated. I interviewed with both Wayne State and Pacific Univesity (oregon), last year, and have researched the professors and campuses for both of the programs. 

My interview is coming up on the 4th for Salus, and the 8th for Pacific University, if anyone can give me any pointers for those programs. 

Also does anyone know if Lamar and Wayne State has sent out their interviews yet? 

God Bless all of you and your endeavors. 

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 10:20 AM, CeNayNay said:

Today, I received an invitation from CMU for their graduate program in Audiology, WHOOHOO! WE GOT THIS FAM! Anyone know anything about their particular program? 

Hi everyone! So glad I found this thread! I applied to 8 schools for Fall 2019 admit and have had great success so far! Just got accepted to UW Madison TODAY! Also have interviews lined up with Purdue, Iowa, and Pacific. Good luck to everyone!

22 hours ago, HearIAm said:

Hi everyone! So glad I found this thread! I applied to 8 schools for Fall 2019 admit and have had great success so far! Just got accepted to UW Madison TODAY! Also have interviews lined up with Purdue, Iowa, and Pacific. Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations on your acceptance, and on your interviews!!! I'm still waiting to hear back from UW Madison. The anticipation is so stressful!!

On 2/5/2019 at 11:04 AM, CODA28 said:

Hi all!

I applied to UMass, UConn, Gallaudet, U of Wisconsin-Madison, U of Memphis, UC Boulder, SDSU, and University of Maryland. So far I've gotten an interview with UConn and an interview at Gallaudet. Goodluck to everyone! 

Edit: Just got waitlisted at UW Madison. Does anyone know how long the waitlist is?

Hello everyone! I received an invitation to interview at Wayne State University for Au.D! I am super excited, but nervous. TIPS? Experience? Anything I should know? 

Hi everyone! I applied Gallaudet, Syracuse, Montclair, WashU in St. Louis, University of the Pacific, and JMU!

I'm going to Gallaudet this week for an interview, and have interviews next week on the phone for Cuse and in person at Montclair! 

Anyone have good tips for phone interviews? Would love to hear it!

Hey there!  I actually had a phone interview for ECU this past Friday!  Here are some tips my friends encouraged me to do/my own tips from my experience! 

1. Dress as if you were going into a real interview(that's right, dress pants and a professional shirt even if you're sitting at home!?)  It helps you get into the right mindset!

2. Find a quiet place with little to no distractions.  You want to be comfortable but be able to focus easily.

3. Pull up your letter of intent and maybe highlight some things you want to emphasize if they give you the chance! Having a list of the reasons you chose that school (or what sets it apart from the other programs) can be helpful in case you start to blank and keep your nerves at bay.

4. Come up with some questions about their school to ask at the end of the interview if time permits!  This shows schools that you're serious about their program.

5.  Relax and remember, they know you're nervous!  Be professional in your voice and even how you answer the phone when they initially call but still remember to smile (or even laugh).  Although they can't see you, you'd be surprised how much that carries in your voice.  Overall they really just want to have a better understanding of who you are! 

I hope those are helpful to you and best of luck with your interview!  You got this!?

8 hours ago, Littleminchie said:

If you don’t mind me asking how did the interview go? And did you get accepted? 

Sorry for the confusion-- My interview is THIS coming weekend (Feb 16!!!). I'll let you know how it goes :)

1 hour ago, allaboutears said:

Got an inteview for Montclair! I didn't know that an interview was part of their process? Does anyone know what this will be like? I chose the Zoom option.

Same. Was shocked when I got the invitation. Lol

Hello! I only applied to one school, NOAC. I have my masters in public health with a 3.7 GPA; but my GRE scores are not that great because I only had 2 days to prepare (I was a late applicant). I did not attend the visitation day because I’ve attended classes KSU and the University of Akron, but have not heard anything about an interview yet. I hope I hear something soon! If anyone else who applied to NOAC hears anything, let me know! :) I can’t stand waiting - lol!

Edited by MeganBee

On 1/10/2019 at 12:43 PM, Kybo said:

Hi everyone!!! I just officially finished submitting all my applications :) I applied to CU Boulder, Rush, SDSU/UCSD, Western, ASU, and U of A! 

Hi there! Have you heard anything from U Of A (NOAC)? I think we’re supposed to know if we get accepted by early March, but still no word on an interview yet (I didn’t attend the visitation day last Friday). Thank you in advance! :)

On 1/14/2019 at 4:54 PM, rahopper said:

Hi!! 

I applied to Wichita State, Illinois State, NOAC, University of Cincinnati, and Salus! 

I have an interview with Salus on January 28!

Good luck everyone :)

Hear anything from NOAC? Thanks :)