Audiology Applicants Fall 2019

allaboutears

4 hours ago, ears22 said:

Has anyone heard about funding for Ohio State? I received an acceptance but did not have much more information. Thanks!

Ohio State sent everyone that they accepted with funding info in January! If you haven't received any sort of funding notification yet, it's probably pretty unlikely you're going to.

On 3/2/2019 at 6:59 PM, jp_futureAuD said:

Has anyone who was accepted to Northwestern gotten anything in the mail like they said you would? Waiting to see if it has funding information (hopefully...)

I received the packet in the mail but I don't think it said anything about funding. However, I haven't been able to physically look through it yet because I accidentally listed my address as my home address and not my school address. My acceptance email said we'd get another email regarding funding on March 22 though! Praying for SOME funding!

2 hours ago, HearIAm said:

Also, does anyone know when Vanderbilt sends out their decisions? The last school I'm waiting to hear from!!

My friend is in their AuD program right now, and said they send out decisions on the Friday of their spring break, which will be this Friday!

Has anyone heard from Lamar today? I interviewed last Saturday and fell in love with the whole program...I heard we were going to know by Monday,but some people already knew 2 hours after their interviews. 

I'm wondering if anyone has heard from either U of South Florida or Louisiana State University? I think USF sent out acceptance letters the first week of March last year. I haven't heard anything from USF since the deadline and nothing at all from LSU ever. I'm dying to know!

Also, anyone who got accepted to Buffalo University received funding? I emailed them bit haven't got an answer...

Thanks everyone!

Anyone declining offer at San Diego State?? I am pretty far down in ranked waitlist. Anyone know if I have a chance? I was hoping to know if there is a chance or not before I have to accept at other schools.

22 hours ago, AuD(ream) said:

Has anyone heard from Lamar today? I interviewed last Saturday and fell in love with the whole program...I heard we were going to know by Monday,but some people already knew 2 hours after their interviews. 

I still haven't heard back about the waitlist. My friend was accepted the same day though 

Alright, friends. It has been a week, and I still have yet to hear from CU Boulder, even though they have sent out some acceptances and rejections. My status on the website has also not changed yet. Does anybody have any insight into what could be going on? I'm trying so hard to be patient ?

Edited by Kybo

47 minutes ago, Kybo said:

Alright, friends. It has been a week, and I still have yet to hear from CU Boulder, even though they have sent out some acceptances and rejections. My status on the website has also not changed yet. Does anybody have any insight into what could be going on? I'm trying so hard to be patient ?

The email they sent a friend had detailed information on how to check their status, and that decisions have been made. From the school it says to log in to you account, click on your application to open it, open application, the next page on the top right should have "status update" and that is where you will find the decision. I'm not sure if you have done this already, and if you have I would maybe email them since they told a friend that they had already made decisions. Hope this helps - good luck!

3 minutes ago, ColoradoAuD said:

The email they sent a friend had detailed information on how to check their status, and that decisions have been made. From the school it says to log in to you account, click on your application to open it, open application, the next page on the top right should have "status update" and that is where you will find the decision. I'm not sure if you have done this already, and if you have I would maybe email them since they told a friend that they had already made decisions. Hope this helps - good luck!

Hi @ColoradoAuD - Thank you so much for taking the time to respond! It does not look like I have that option on the update, but I may reach out to the program with my question. ?

I appreciate your help!

4 hours ago, libAuD said:

@MBLBPB  I'm still waiting for USF as well!  I have not heard anything since submitting my application as well.  Let me know if you hear something! :) 

It's good(?) that I'm not the only one that hasn't heard from USF but bad that we both are still waiting. Btw, are we supposed to check out status on their admission website? I have not yet figured out what to do with my "USF ID". LOL!

Is anybody waiting to hear from Western Michigan? I saw a couple people post last week but I haven't heard a word.

If I don't get in there, I will definitely be going to University of Tennessee! Is anybody else accepting their offer there? 

Hey! Does anyone know if Towson has ever admitted without an interview or does more than one interview round?

I wasn’t invited to interview but my application status has remained unchanged plus I still have yet to receive any emails from them. I was going to assume that was a rejection but I just emailed them to check my status so I can be sure. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Ari51394 said:

Hey! Does anyone know if Towson has ever admitted without an interview or does more than one interview round?

I wasn’t invited to interview but my application status has remained unchanged plus I still have yet to receive any emails from them. I was going to assume that was a rejection but I just emailed them to check my status so I can be sure. Thanks!

I’m guessing based on the information that they disclosed during the interview process, an interview is required for admissions. I’m sorry. 

5 hours ago, Nickag said:

I’m guessing based on the information that they disclosed during the interview process, an interview is required for admissions. I’m sorry. 

Thanks for that info, that definitely makes sense. I just wish they would send an official rejection, I feel like I'm in limbo : /

On 3/5/2019 at 6:17 PM, MBLBPB said:

It's good(?) that I'm not the only one that hasn't heard from USF but bad that we both are still waiting. Btw, are we supposed to check out status on their admission website? I have not yet figured out what to do with my "USF ID". LOL!

Haha I think that is!  My other friends who applied also haven't heard anything so I'm going to say it's good no ones heard!  I believe we do use the admissions website!  I haven't seen anywhere else to look and I figured we'd just get an email from them!

1 minute ago, libAuD said:

Haha I think that is!  My other friends who applied also haven't heard anything so I'm going to say it's good no ones heard!  I believe we do use the admissions website!  I haven't seen anywhere else to look and I figured we'd just get an email from them!

What's the admission website? The one where I filled out additional application to USF or CSDCAS? It's an agony to wait around like this.... I am hoping I hear something by the end of this week!

Does anyone know anything about the funding reputation for CU Boulder? I got accepted and it says that students can apply for TA/GA in June, which obviously is after we have to commit to a school...I'm trying to determine whether it's even worth it for me to attend the admitted students day, and it would really help to know what funding looks like there/how many students typically receive it.

I am not 100% but I don't think that many get funding as their website says "there are a limited number of TA/GA positions" and from what I hear it's for all the AuD students to apply to. I would plan on paying for your tuition and if you are able to secure a TA or GA then it's just icing on the cake. I would love to hear what other people know though about Boulder!