Audiology Applicants Fall 2019

allaboutears

23 hours ago, MBLBPB said:

What's the admission website? The one where I filled out additional application to USF or CSDCAS? It's an agony to wait around like this.... I am hoping I hear something by the end of this week!

I believe this is the admission website: https://www.grad.usf.edu/sonic3/status.php ! There's a thing where you click to "check application status" but for me nothing is coming up so I'm assuming they haven't released anything!  I am too!  I've heard that they release their decisions around this time so I'm hoping for next Friday!

50 minutes ago, libAuD said:

I believe this is the admission website: https://www.grad.usf.edu/sonic3/status.php ! There's a thing where you click to "check application status" but for me nothing is coming up so I'm assuming they haven't released anything!  I am too!  I've heard that they release their decisions around this time so I'm hoping for next Friday!

Thank you! The website says I haven't paid my application fee??? I have a receipt for the payment so I am now panicking that the committee didn't review my application because of this error. I emailed the school to sort it out but I'm afraid it is too late. Ugh!!!

Edited by MBLBPB

Apparently today is the day we hear from Vanderbilt and I couldn’t sleep last night! It’s not even necessarily my top choice school, but it is the last school I need to hear from. Just the fact that this process is coming to an end is insane! 

(Except that i’m still playing the waiting game about funding.....)

Hi everyone! I'm loving this forum.

I just got waitlisted at Chapel Hill. Does anyone know of applicants who intend to reject their acceptance there? I know this one's kind of a long shot because it's a sought after school. Thanks for any help!

Edited by ojipog

57 minutes ago, jp_futureAuD said:

@HearIAm I’m super anxious about Vanderbilt too! I had several dreams last night and they were so realistic I woke up thinking I was on their waitlist. 

Wow the same thing happened to me last night! I imagined checking me email probably a dozen times lol.

23 hours ago, mia_aud said:

Has anyone heard anything back from Montclair, post-interview yet? That's the last school I need to hear from, and the waiting game is tiring!

I recall reading somewhere that they get back to us in April.

Got waitlisted at UNC and got accepted into Vanderbilt.....I'm shocked. 

Anyone know if Vanderbilt is going to have some kind of organized admitted students day? The letter mentions scheduling campus visits, but of course it would be nice to have a day to meet people and everything!

2 hours ago, aud2023 said:

Has anyone applied to CUNY and been in contact with anyone about an interview? I am waiting to hear and I’m wondering if they already conducted interviews or not! Thanks! 

I interviewed a few weeks ago on Skype and haven’t heard anything since.

6 minutes ago, AUDJ said:

Got waitlisted at UNC and got accepted into Vanderbilt.....I'm shocked. 

Anyone know if Vanderbilt is going to have some kind of organized admitted students day? The letter mentions scheduling campus visits, but of course it would be nice to have a day to meet people and everything!

Also interested if there’s a visit day at Vandy! Whether or not I attend will likely rest on funding, but i’d love to visit regardless. 

Just now, HearIAm said:

Also interested if there’s a visit day at Vandy! Whether or not I attend will likely rest on funding, but i’d love to visit regardless. 

oh big time yeah mine also depends on funding, but EXACTLY yes it's also important to get a feel for everything!!

I reached out to ETSU to inquire about their timeline and this is what I received back: 

"The department has made a first round of admission offers.  This group has until April 15 to accept or decline the offer of admission.  As students decline the department will continue down the list.  If you have not been contacted it may be after April 15, but all students will receive a decision on their application."

I assume this means I (and everyone else who hasn't heard anything) has been waitlisted? I am a little frustrated though as I feel like they wouldn't even have told us we were waitlisted unless we specifically inquired. 

To everyone who hasn't heard from their schools or has been wait-listed: It's okay!

I was wait-listed at 4 schools and I wasn't accepted until May. Then a month later, I was accepted to another school! There is still plenty of time! I've even heard of people who were accepted a week before classes started. 

From my experience, come up with a back-up plan in case you're not accepted this year. When you have a plan, you're not as nervous during your interviews (or at least I wasn't). I also suggest calling (and I mean CALL, not email!) schools who turned you down and ask what you could do to increase your chances of getting in next year. IF you do have to reapply, they will likely remember you and it will increase your odds for next time. 

If you've been wait-listed, call them! Find out who the best contact is, ask what number you are on the list, how many seats are taken/open, etc. Let them get to know you if you weren't able to meet them in person. I really think my calling those schools is what made them accept me. I had a terrible GPA (3.3 last 60) and mediocre GRE (148/152/3), but my experience was great! Once I got the chance to tell them about myself over the phone, they saw I was persistent and dedicated. I think it even bumped me down on the list!

All you need is one school to say yes! Good luck to everyone!

You guys,I’m going to have to back up and agree with @EarNerd

i applied to 8 schools,got rejected at 3,waitlisted at 4,and got accepted at 1.

this is my third time applying..but the first time I applied to so many schools. I applied to only two twice and got waitlisted to rejections twice.It just takes that one school to see your potential. Don’t be upset about getting accepted at a school you don’t deem is the best like your top choices.if you are,then why did you even apply you know? There would be someone else more grateful of taking your spot to that school.

If you’re waitlisted,there’s still hope! But don’t have too high of expectations just yet of getting in. Start thinking about a plan B and how you can improve your applications in case those waitlists turn into rejects...

Hi!! So excited to be accepted to USF and I'm seriously considering attending!! Are there other out of staters like myself considering going to USF? My only concern is that it may possibly be more of a commuter program (but I'm not sure!). I hope to have a social life on the weekends with my cohort :)

20 minutes ago, earz said:

Hi!! So excited to be accepted to USF and I'm seriously considering attending!! Are there other out of staters like myself considering going to USF? My only concern is that it may possibly be more of a commuter program (but I'm not sure!). I hope to have a social life on the weekends with my cohort :)

My friend @SK-AuD applied there and we have a couple professors at our undergrad program that either attended there or taught audiology there :) we live in NC!

5 hours ago, earz said:

Congratulations! May I ask how you found out? Did you get an email or did you check your status on their website?

Many thanks in advance!