Audiology Applicants Fall 2019

allaboutears

59 minutes ago, MBLBPB said:

Congratulations! May I ask how you found out? Did you get an email or did you check your status on their website?

Many thanks in advance!

Oops this is “earz” lol I totally forgot I had made another account on my phone haha!! 

17 minutes ago, eardoc2be said:

I got an email on Friday from the AuD admissions department!! 

Thanks for responding!I had a feeling that they would release decisions on Friday. I haven't heard from them so I think I am either waitlisted or rejected...

Or they didn't even review my application since their website says I didn't pay for the application fee so they can't process it. Well, I'm not sure if I should email them or just wait for my rejection letter. Feeling quite confused!

Edited by MBLBPB

17 hours ago, earz said:

Hi!! So excited to be accepted to USF and I'm seriously considering attending!! Are there other out of staters like myself considering going to USF? My only concern is that it may possibly be more of a commuter program (but I'm not sure!). I hope to have a social life on the weekends with my cohort :)

Hi! Yes I also applied to USF but I haven't heard anything from them yet! They are definitely my first choice but I am afraid my gpa might not be what they are looking for rn (3.38) due to some extenuating circumstances I discussed in my personal statement... would you mind telling me what your stats are? 

10 hours ago, MBLBPB said:

Thanks for responding!I had a feeling that they would release decisions on Friday. I haven't heard from them so I think I am either waitlisted or rejected...

Or they didn't even review my application since their website says I didn't pay for the application fee so they can't process it. Well, I'm not sure if I should email them or just wait for my rejection letter. Feeling quite confused!

Have you emailed them about the payment issue? Also, does your portal give you that message at the results bit about it being a direct receipt program? I'm worried they might not have gotten all my info from CSDCAS....

Hi gang, I've got a general question about this whole crazy process!

If I get accepted at one school but waitlisted at another, is it possible to accept admission at the first, but continue to wait and hope for the second? If I were accepted from the waitlist in June, for example, what would my options be? I can imagine it wouldn't be terribly courteous to decline admission after accepting. 

If this question seems to arrogant or entitled I totally get it! I feel a little arrogant just asking it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2 hours ago, SK-AuD said:

Hi! Yes I also applied to USF but I haven't heard anything from them yet! They are definitely my first choice but I am afraid my gpa might not be what they are looking for rn (3.38) due to some extenuating circumstances I discussed in my personal statement... would you mind telling me what your stats are? 

Hi! I have an overall gpa of about a 3.75 and my GRE scores were V(155), Q(152), and writing (4.5). I also visited and spoke to the professors so not sure if that made a difference or not? 

2 hours ago, SK-AuD said:

Have you emailed them about the payment issue? Also, does your portal give you that message at the results bit about it being a direct receipt program? I'm worried they might not have gotten all my info from CSDCAS....

I did pay through the university website and I even got a receipt. I emailed the Admissions Office with no luck so I contacted the department a few days ago. Last Friday, Dr. Lee, the program coordinator responded that the committee was reviewing all the applications submitted to CSDCAS (later I found out that they had actually sent out admission letters at this point). Dr. Lee also CC'd  the person who can shed light into the matter. I'll have to contact her again since I haven't heard anything from her.

Luckily, I have been admitted to three other schools but I was really hoping to get into USF.... I feel disappointed and frustrated for sure that I might not have had a chance for a review.

Edited by MBLBPB

21 hours ago, earz said:

Hi!! So excited to be accepted to USF and I'm seriously considering attending!! Are there other out of staters like myself considering going to USF? My only concern is that it may possibly be more of a commuter program (but I'm not sure!). I hope to have a social life on the weekends with my cohort :)

Congratulations!!  I'm hoping to hear back from them soon!  From what I've heard, the cohort is a little bigger than most and people do commute but I've heard such great things and they all do fun social activities on the weekends! :) 

Hi all,

I wanted to get some of your opinions/insight into a couple of programs I am considering. I got accepted to the University of Louisville (4 year program) and Indiana University (3 year program).  Do you guys think a 4 year program or a 3 year program is better? I've been researching it myself, asking some of my grad school AuD friends, and I am going to IU's open house on March 22nd to ask questions, but I wanted some other opinions too. 

Also, if anyone wants to tell me something they know/opinions about the schools, besides the duration of their programs, I would appreciate that too. 

Any info would help. Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, earz said:

Hi! I have an overall gpa of about a 3.75 and my GRE scores were V(155), Q(152), and writing (4.5). I also visited and spoke to the professors so not sure if that made a difference or not? 

I never considered going to their open house since I live in NC- now I'm kicking myself for not thinking about it bc I'm sure it really helps to put a face with a name! Congrats on your acceptance by the way!

@ojipog from my understanding no school can require you to give a decision before April 15th, due to a grad school resolution that all schools signed. If you accept one school,then get off the waitlist for another school and want to accept that second school instead, you are required to get written permission from the first school before you can accept the second school. Here is a link to the resolution with the official rules: https://cgsnet.org/april-15-resolution

Some schools, (i think Salus is the only one), did not sign this resolution which means if you negate on the acceptance you are not required to get written permission in order to accept another school.

I suggest you call the school you are currently waitlisted with and ask about your place on the waitlist. Explain your situation to them. If there is a good chance you could get off the waitlist hold off on giving the first school a decision until just before April 15th. 

Hope this helps!

On 2/26/2019 at 8:05 PM, Sharon AuD said:

Hey, guys! My name's Sharon, and I just got my acceptance to Buffalo University today!!!! Is anyone else accepted to BU? 

I interviewed with Syracuse last week and the Long Island Consortium a week before that. I'll hear back from them around mid March. I'm so excited/nervous.

Congratulations! I also got accepted into the masters program for their speech pathology program which is different than your audiology program, but I'm thinking we would have somewhat similar experiences if we both decide to go there. I think I'm going up to tour the school at the end of the month because the speech program is a pretty high ranking which attracted me to the school, and I've heard nothing but good things about the program I'm going for and even the school as a whole.

I reached out to a friend who goes there and she said that going there is the best decision she's ever made. She loves the community, the people, the cost of course, and the opportunities the school provides. I was just warned, it is a big school so if your looking for that type of environment and don't mind taking shuttles and also don't mind the snow too much, it would be a really good place to be. I myself am trying to decide on what schools to go to but through my researching, the school itself seems like a really nice place. So far deciding between mostly Buffalo and New Paltz, but I am at New Paltz for my undergrad, so I may be looking for a change of pace. Hoping the tour of Buffalo goes well and hoping you've heard good things about the school as well! Hope any of this helped!

People accepted to Vanderbilt:

It makes me sad that they (seemingly) don't have an admitted students day; in the letter it links to a document to sign up for a visit on a selection of dates. I submitted for March 22 and they haven't gotten back to me yet; I also don't know how many people they allow per visit day, but if anyone else wants to try to go March 22 we should meet up!

15 hours ago, MBLBPB said:

I hope we still have a chance!! I'll keep you updated when I hear from them. Good luck!

Agreed!! I'll do the same!!  I hope to get an email confirming whatever the decision is(waitlist or rejection) soon!! Best of luck to you as well :) 

3 hours ago, MBLBPB said:

@Meghan Pilkington Hi! I'd really love to go to the open house and meet the faculty and look around the facilities! But I can't fly down there because I have a full time job. Would you mind sharing your experience when you attend the open house? I wouldn't mind snow since I live in Canada.

Yes of course! And thats funny I'm from long island so about 7 hours away and totally not acclimated to cold weather as you are, but open to the experience. I think I will be mostly getting a tour of the speech clinic and my programs specific facilities there, but any useful info I get, I will be more than happy to share and pass along! My tour is in two weeks on friday the 29th, but I will keep you updated.

Anyone else on this forum accepted to UNL and seriously considering going? I would love to talk to you about it! All three of the schools I got accepted to I think I would be happy at but I’m seriously leaning towards Nebraska at the moment. 

54 minutes ago, Emma Furness said:

I'm currently trying to decide between Syracuse and Towson! Going to visit Syracuse at their open house on the 29th. Is anyone else considering either of these schools?

Hii! I'll most likely be going to Syracuse next fall! Not sure if I'll be able to make it to the open house tho but so glad to hear that someone else is considering Syracuse too!

Okay I’ve been lurking for awhile and finally made an account! Does anyone have any insight into Towson’s program? I really liked the program, location, and funding available but I’m still weighing my other options. I’m most likely going to accept because it’s the most affordable but I’m waiting to hear back where I am on the waitlist at my current school. 

@MBLBPB  So I just got an email saying I was put on the waitlist for USF!  It's not a yes but it's also not a no so I'll take it!  Really hoping I'll get an acceptance!!

For those of you who have been put on waitlist, what are your ideas about asking what position you are on the waitlist?  I just want to know if I'm close to being chosen next or have a lot of people in front of me!

@libAuD I got the same email today. I was expecting it but I am still disappointed.

I am contemplating to contact Dr. Lee to ask where I am on the waitlist. If there is little hope, I'm going to have to take an offer from another program.

Good luck with the waiting game. I'll keep you posted. Hang in there!