Audiology Applicants Fall 2019

allaboutears

On 2/25/2019 at 2:20 PM, libAuD said:

Hey there!  I have not heard anything from ETSU or USF!  I had an interview with ECU in the beginning of the month, but no decision was released!  I know USF usually doesn't release their decisions until beginning/mid March(from what I've heard) and ETSU does interviews but I haven't heard from them and none of my friends have either! 

Do you know if the interviews come out in waves? I haven't heard anything about an interview but I haven't been rejected yet either. 

13 hours ago, Kataud said:

Hey! When did you get an interview for U of P? I thought all of the interviews were being conducted on Wednesday and Thursday 

I am interviewing on Monday. I also have a feeling they’re interviewing everyone...

1 hour ago, AuD2be said:

I am interviewing on Monday. I also have a feeling they’re interviewing everyone...

Is it bad that I’m somewhat disappointed.... I thought that I had passed some sort of initial stage to get interviewed but apparently not ?

1 hour ago, Kataud said:

Is it bad that I’m somewhat disappointed.... I thought that I had passed some sort of initial stage to get interviewed but apparently not ?

Ha! When I was offered an invitation to an interview last week, they were only offering Tuesdays and Fridays.  UOP gives admission to 20 to 22 applicants so maybe it makes sense to interview at least double that number? Stay positive! Even if it is not for selected few, at least you still have an equal chance as everyone else. You've lost nothing.

I've seen that other people have gotten accepted/rejected from CU Boulder, but I have yet to receive an email! Does anybody know if they are sending them out in batches...? It's killing me!!!!!!!! 

5 minutes ago, Kybo said:

I've seen that other people have gotten accepted/rejected from CU Boulder, but I have yet to receive an email! Does anybody know if they are sending them out in batches...? It's killing me!!!!!!!! 

For CU Boulder I logged in and checked my status. Go to your application and click on it, it will say whether or not you have a status update to your application! Good luck!

24 minutes ago, ColoradoAuD said:

For CU Boulder I logged in and checked my status. Go to your application and click on it, it will say whether or not you have a status update to your application! Good luck!

@ColoradoAuD Thank you so much for the information! However, I still have nothing updated on the application website either. I guess I'll just have to be a little more patient ?

Also, congrats on your acceptance! ?

Edited by Kybo

3 hours ago, AUDJ said:

@jp_futureAuAah that's so nice to have an idea of when it will come, thank you! :)

Definitely not expecting an acceptance but the waiting game is just difficult, haha

I completely understand. I don’t want to get my hopes up but it would be awesome if i did get in there!

@SK-AuD From what I understand I think they do!  I know last year, some people were told during their interview(if they received a later one) that they got in at ECU, while in mine, I was told they would let me know in a few weeks.  I've been told just because you haven't heard anything does not mean it's a bad thing! :) 

11 hours ago, libAuD said:

@SK-AuD From what I understand I think they do!  I know last year, some people were told during their interview(if they received a later one) that they got in at ECU, while in mine, I was told they would let me know in a few weeks.  I've been told just because you haven't heard anything does not mean it's a bad thing! :) 

Thank you! I really appreciate your insight! I'm just super nervous but trying to remember that it's a rolling admissions situation and that I need to stop freaking out :) 

22 hours ago, AuD(ream) said:

@pumpkinbat my heart hurts,but I’m so happy for you guys ❤️ I just hope if I’m waitlisted,it’s not a long wait. I like their clinic and faculty so much. They were also trying to establish an abroad program 

So talking to a few first years during the tour day, it seemed like there were quite a few got in off of the waitlist so you would probably still have a decent shot. I for one hope you get in too! I'm so stoked! Also, did you know they're moving the classrooms? I think the clinic will remain where it is on the UALR Campus but classes will be on the UAMS Campus 10 min away. I'm kinda glad because I feel like it will be a medical atmosphere and we will get to work more with other professions maybe?

I received an email from Syracuse University this afternoon with great news! I I almost screamed at work (my work doesn't know I applied to grad schools). I am so overjoyed and I can't stop smiling! I wish you the best of luck if you're about to check your email.

I just received an email from ETSU with an acceptance last night! I am so excited!  Although I am still waiting on hearing back from my Florida schools, this is my second choice so I feel so much better!  For those of you that haven't heard, don't worry!  You have time!

Edited by libAuD

On 2/27/2019 at 10:00 AM, Kataud said:

Oh goddamnit that’s exactly what I thought too. I heard they started sending out admissions this time last year so I’m really hoping they’d honor the decisions by the first week of March line they wrote on the programs page.

9 hours ago, taesumandu said:

Oh goddamnit that’s exactly what I thought too. I heard they started sending out admissions this time last year so I’m really hoping they’d honor the decisions by the first week of March line they wrote on the programs page.

Yeah I feel like their website has a bit of misinformation. Got an email yesterday that they’re going to look at their new applications from their second deadline now too so we would hear back by the end of March. Isn’t the final decision date listed as April 1st though?

1 hour ago, Kataud said:

Yeah I feel like their website has a bit of misinformation. Got an email yesterday that they’re going to look at their new applications from their second deadline now too so we would hear back by the end of March. Isn’t the final decision date listed as April 1st though?

I think April 1st is the last day when students can choose to either accept or reject their offer! But yeah I think for those who actually got their stuff in by the priority deadline hears back next week and those that got their stuff in yesterday is the one they were referring to with the end of March deadline. Well I least I hope lol