Audiology Applicants Fall 2019

allaboutears

On 3/14/2019 at 2:25 PM, nstrom15 said:

Hey guys! As of today I've heard back from every school I applied to. Rejected for 2, waitlisted at 3, and have an interview next week for the last one. I'm feeling very discouraged right now so does anyone have any advice on the big "what if I don't get in anywhere"? I know waitlist isn't the end of the world and there's still a chance to get into those schools but at this point the outlook is pretty bleak.

One of the girls at OU right now got waitlisted then accepted about a month before the semester started, don't lose hope!

On 3/21/2019 at 11:04 PM, Emma Furness said:

Anyone considering Towson want to make a Facebook group? It wants me to invite a least one person before I can create it

Hey, we’re you able to make the Facebook group yet? 

1 hour ago, AuDream said:

Hi all, just curious to see if anyone has applied to, been accepted to, or has been waitlisted for UOP's program in San Francisco? 

I applied and was accepted but I am leaning towards not accepting the offer

5 hours ago, AuDream said:

That’s cool, congrats on the acceptance! I’ve been waitlisted for their program but I wasn’t sure how many applicants they have, etc. Did you apply to other programs as well?

They accept over 20 applicants so maybe you will have a good chance! I applied to other programs and am likely going to my state school because I can’t justify the cost of UofP and living. I hope you get in! I’ll be rejecting the offer soon. 

8 hours ago, AuDream said:

Hi all, just curious to see if anyone has applied to, been accepted to, or has been waitlisted for UOP's program in San Francisco? 

I have been accepted to UOP after an interview. But I'm probably not going... Too expensive for me without any funding. ?

16 hours ago, AuDream said:

hello! i've been accepted and will most likely be accepting the offer!

On 3/21/2019 at 11:04 PM, Emma Furness said:

Anyone considering Towson want to make a Facebook group? It wants me to invite a least one person before I can create it

Also wondering if you made the Facebook group!

Edited by Hearme

12 hours ago, Kataud said:

They accept over 20 applicants so maybe you will have a good chance! I applied to other programs and am likely going to my state school because I can’t justify the cost of UofP and living. I hope you get in! I’ll be rejecting the offer soon. 

11 hours ago, MBLBPB said:

I have been accepted to UOP after an interview. But I'm probably not going... Too expensive for me without any funding. ?

3 hours ago, mia_aud said:

hello! i've been accepted and will most likely be accepting the offer!

Thank you all for the responses! I did hear that cost of the program and living is a major influencing factor for why people ultimately decline offers. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that I get off the waitlist. Best of luck to everyone!

Hi i just found this forum and thought I would ask a question! Did anyone hear anything from University of North Texas? I have been checking my email and portal daily, but nothing has come in and it has been almost 4 months.

Edited by Car

1 hour ago, Car said:

Hi i just found this forum and thought I would ask a question! Did anyone hear anything from University of North Texas? I have been checking my email and portal daily, but nothing has come in and it has been almost 4 months.

I interviewed with them in February and was invited to their top 30 event but I didn’t go because I already had an interview scheduled elsewhere. I have been wondering if anyone else has heard also!

Edited by jlrAuD2023

4 hours ago, jlrAuD2023 said:

I interviewed with them in February and was invited to their top 30 event but I didn’t go because I already had an interview scheduled elsewhere. I have been wondering if anyone else has heard also!

Thanks! I never heard anything from them at all. No interview or anything. I do however get emails to go to events, but nothing that says I got accepted or denied. I even got a email telling me to remember to sign up for classes by April. It is soo weird. They are the only school I haven't heard back from yet. Also I hope your other interview went well, and that you were able to get into a school!!

Edited by Car

17 minutes ago, Car said:

Thanks! I never heard anything from them at all. No interview or anything. I do however get emails to go to events, but nothing that says I got accepted or denied. I even got a email telling me to remember to sign up for classes by April. It is soo weird. They are the only school I haven't heard back from yet. Also I hope your other interview went well, and that you were able to get into a school!!

Thanks so much!! I got in to my #1 so I’m pretty pumped! I hope you get in somewhere as well!!!

32 minutes ago, jlrAuD2023 said:

Thanks so much!! I got in to my #1 so I’m pretty pumped! I hope you get in somewhere as well!!!

That is amazing!! Congratulations!! I got into my #3 Southern Miss!!

I'm wondering how everyone decided which program to attend. It's almost April 15, I am still over the fence. I ended up attending SU open house and having a private tour of UB. Both have pros and cons. I was very impressed with SU's clinic and UB's research labs (and the very friendly personable profs at UB). How do you make a decision that will dictate the course of your career?

Anyone going to UMASS Amherst? I've decided to attend there and would love to talk to others in the cohort! I'm pretty sure it's going to be very tiny ?

So I was accepted to my number one program, Lamar University (they offer full funding to all their first years and opportunities to continue that GA position). However, I feel like I am starting to like the program at Wichita State more (it's accelerated three year program and I get a huge scholarship for being from a neighboring state)! I was also accepted to UAMS and Missouri State. I don't want to sacrifice the quality of my education regardless of the cost or distance. With that being said, can anyone provide any insight into this decision? 

On 4/9/2019 at 11:49 AM, Audok said:

So I was accepted to my number one program, Lamar University (they offer full funding to all their first years and opportunities to continue that GA position). However, I feel like I am starting to like the program at Wichita State more (it's accelerated three year program and I get a huge scholarship for being from a neighboring state)! I was also accepted to UAMS and Missouri State. I don't want to sacrifice the quality of my education regardless of the cost or distance. With that being said, can anyone provide any insight into this decision? 

I was accepted into Wichita as well, but turned it down due to getting into my #1 choice. Congrats!! My best friend is a 2nd year at Wichita and she loves it! She said they are redoing their courses for the upcoming class so it should be a little better entrance than what she had which is awesome. She always brags on the professors and obviously likes how its a shorter program. The only negative thing is she mentioned that externships can be a little more difficult to get because a lot of places require 4 year programs vs 3 years programs. I would have easily accepted Wichita's offer if classes didn't start June 3rd. Good Luck!