Acceptance Thread 2018 - 2019

ray92

Hello,

Now that some application deadlines have passed I felt like we should start a acceptance thread. I first want to start off with I wish all of you luck and positive thoughts as we are waiting for our results. I hope that you share what schools you applied too as well as your fears and joys of the process after you submitted your application. I pewould all hope that you also share what programs sent out letters of acceptance or rejection as well as interviews.

Edited by ray92
Forgot the year

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Two days ago I got an email from POI and got invited for an interview (CS PhD, UVa), and now I'm under a lot of stress since this is my first interview :D

So far I've been accepted into 2 Masters programs, but both are Electrical Engineering. That just happens to be where those schools house their Robotics departments.

Accepted:

Drexel, UCF

Still waiting:

UCSD (CS), USC (CS), Colorado Boulder (ATLAS), UNC Chapel Hill (CS), UT Austin (CS), UPenn (CIS), Lehigh (CS), FSU/FAMU (EE)

Has anyone heard back from any of these?

12 hours ago, yjkim192 said:

UT Austin did released their PHD accept. But not sure about their Masters.

Haven't seen any update on the results page... Haven't heard from their maters' program. 

Can decisions be out even before the deadline?

Cause I just saw Northwestern CS MS accept in the results but the thing is Northwester CS MS deadline is FEB 28...

Could it be just a troll?

14 hours ago, yjkim192 said:

Cause I just saw Northwestern CS MS accept in the results but the thing is Northwester CS MS deadline is FEB 28...

It's possible they start reviewing applications (and sending out decisions) before the final deadline. Did you check to see when last year's decisions began to be sent out?

6 hours ago, Plissken said:

It's possible they start reviewing applications (and sending out decisions) before the final deadline. Did you check to see when last year's decisions began to be sent out?

Well in the past decisions were very late. But today I also saw a rejection so maybe they are sending out decisions before the deadline. I should of applied earlier :(

I got admitted to Toronto for a PhD track masters in compsci. Still waiting for other results but I'm so happy already  ? 

Best of luck everyone! 

On 2/5/2019 at 6:29 PM, yjkim192 said:

I applied for Northwestern MSCS a couple of years ago and waited until April.

At time time I sent emails asking about the decision in February and they told me it was like a rolling based decision, so I think it is possible they are sending out decisions even before the deadline.

So how do I handle it if I have a deadline to accept my one of my admission offers, but I'm still waiting for responses from most of the schools I applied to? Do I ask for an extension?

Has any International students have had their status changed in the columbia webpage, Ive heard that some people have had interviews but they have been silent with me and my status is still "Pending"

@iota7 I think they may decide before they sent out an email. You may not get funding from the school but what you could do is find a POI that you like and see if they recently have gotten a grant and then ask for an RA position or something usually funding is up to the student I believe. It also depends on the university.

@ray92  I am new to the Apri 15 resolution thing and didn't quite understand it clearly. I have accepted the Wisconsin offer thinking I will be able to change it until April 15. But the portal is not allowing me to change it and I am confused about its implications. Will other universities get to know about this and take this into account while making their decisions?  If I get any better offer with funding will I be able to accept it and what is the process for that?

@iota7 I dont know if you can change the offer the best way is to email the university to find out but I you can always ask professors if they have grants and what not. Other universities do not have access to the information related to other institutions and their offers. I would email the university and state that you clicked on the acceptance by mistake and have not yet made a decision on if you want to attend or not. What I would do is not accept any offer until April 15th unless you get into your dream school with funding but I would wait unitl April 15th because people will decline offers and the universities will then send out more acceptances

Hello! I got admitted to UCF. They told me that funding information will come in another email. It's been a week already and I haven't received any information about funding yet. Any news about it?