I turned in my applications for University of Wisconsin, Arizona State University, and University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee!  I'm debating on whether to turn my Simmons application in or not... This whole ordeal has been a lot of work and stress!  Let me know if you are also applying or if you have any questions about the process, I can at least give you my side of things.

28 minutes ago, miler95 said:

I turned in my applications for University of Wisconsin, Arizona State University, and University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee!  I'm debating on whether to turn my Simmons application in or not... This whole ordeal has been a lot of work and stress!  Let me know if you are also applying or if you have any questions about the process, I can at least give you my side of things.

Woohoo!! Congrats on turning them in!! I submitted the last of my applications yesterday and it feels like a huge weight has been lifted! If it’s not too much extra work (and too much extra cost) to work on Simmons, might as well push yourself to do one last one. But totally up to you if it’s worth your time or energy!

1 hour ago, miler95 said:

Tbh I wouldn’t bother with Simmons, I had a really negative experience with them last year.

Thanks for the replies.  Does anyone know of MSW programs that are both 1) later admissions (thinking like February and beyond priority) and 2) likely to give an application fee waiver?

I had a rough experience where I flew over a thousand miles to visit a school and found out that the only waivers being handed out would be the next week at an open house the school was having for the program AND this was the year they jumped their price up from $50 to $75.  They basically said since I had already shown interest in the school by opening an application that there was zero chance that the grad school (it goes by their overall grad department, not the MSW program) would bother offering me a waiver.  I had another school that I just emailed an official and he sent me the waiver no questions asked.

21 minutes ago, miler95 said:

Thanks for the replies.  Does anyone know of MSW programs that are both 1) later admissions (thinking like February and beyond priority) and 2) likely to give an application fee waiver?

I had a rough experience where I flew over a thousand miles to visit a school and found out that the only waivers being handed out would be the next week at an open house the school was having for the program AND this was the year they jumped their price up from $50 to $75.  They basically said since I had already shown interest in the school by opening an application that there was zero chance that the grad school (it goes by their overall grad department, not the MSW program) would bother offering me a waiver.  I had another school that I just emailed an official and he sent me the waiver no questions asked.

Wow, that’s terrible, I’m so sorry! I know that UChicago and Case Western both have final deadlines in April because I looked into it. They do have priority deadlines earlier than that, but I’m pretty sure Case doesn’t have an application fee, so that’s nice. BU and Columbia both have a deadline of Feb. 15th, and BU doesn’t have any earlier deadlines. They also gave me a fee waiver last year. Tulane also has a later deadline of March 31st. BC has a final deadline of March 1st, but they do have a priority deadline that’s earlier than that and they weren’t able to give me a fee waiver last year. I hope this helps, best of luck to you!