Question about responding to admission offer

ResilientDreams

Hello everyone!

So I was recently accepted into a pretty awesome program and while it's high on my list, I'm not 100% sure yet whether I will be attending it in the fall as I'm waiting to hear back from all the other places I applied. I know I have until April 15th to decide, but do I have to send in my official transcripts before then in order to make the offer official? Or is that something I only do if I decide to go to the program?

Thanks and sorry if it's a stupid question.

Either a. It could have been an automated message that was generated or b. They probably want you to give them an answer so they can either move down the list or not. Don't feel pressure though to give them a response one way or the other. 

Ive only had one school so far tell me I need to send an official transcript before accepting so I wouldn't worry about it, a good program will make sure you know exactly what you need to do. Otherwise every other school only needed an official transcript after the admittance decision.