PhD Epidemiology 2019 Canada

CanadaEpi

On 3/7/2019 at 11:41 AM, Pubhealth101 said:

I just got the official email from the GPS but it doesn't talk about funding. 

Congrats! I haven't heard from GPS yet, maybe they're going alphabetical or it's because I'm international? I'm thinking final funding will come from the department after they know what students are coming in. That's all I've gathered from the department letter.

12 minutes ago, Pubhealth101 said:

Did anyone contact McGill about funding? 

I haven't--still waiting on my letter from GPS. I would've hoped they gave a little more detail about funding before we put our deposits down.  @Pubhealth101 if you don't mind sharing, are you international or Canadian?

On 3/12/2019 at 8:56 AM, Pubhealth101 said:

Did anyone contact McGill about funding? 

Spoke with admissions, sounds like funding will be whatever is mentioned in the department letter. They’re waiting for official tuition costs to be published, then they’ll finalize the offer.

5 hours ago, EpiBuf said:

Spoke with admissions, sounds like funding will be whatever is mentioned in the department letter. They’re waiting for official tuition costs to be published, then they’ll finalize the offer.

I got one letter from GPS (on uApply) and another from the dept via email. The letter from the dept said how much funding to expect, but that composition of funding package would be finalized in August. I asked what percentage of the funding typically comes from RA/TA-ships (money one would have to work for), and I was told that it varies by student and supervisor. There's also a funding blurb on their website saying at least $21,000 annually.