Louisiana Schools 2019

17 hours ago, SpeechNOLA said:

I received an email last week from LSUHSC requesting clarification on my undergrad coursework. They mentioned that they were beginning to schedule interviews.

oh wow so it could be soon - I'm so nervous, I check my emails every 5 minutes haha 

Hi all! I received an email earlier today from LSUHSC New Orleans inviting me to interview-- the interview dates for out of state applicants are on Feb 13th and 14th via Skype, and in state applicants will interview on Feb 15th. Hope this helps! They said they will send out more info giving each person a specific time by Feb 8th, so I assume more invites will be sent out in that time in between.

Also-- I read somewhere on this forum that LSUHSC NOLA only accepts one person from out of state-- is that true?? I'm applying from out of state and hope that's not the case lol ?

Anyway, good luck and hope you hear from them soon!! 

10 hours ago, madoc said:

Hi all! I received an email earlier today from LSUHSC New Orleans inviting me to interview-- the interview dates for out of state applicants are on Feb 13th and 14th via Skype, and in state applicants will interview on Feb 15th. Hope this helps! They said they will send out more info giving each person a specific time by Feb 8th, so I assume more invites will be sent out in that time in between.

Also-- I read somewhere on this forum that LSUHSC NOLA only accepts one person from out of state-- is that true?? I'm applying from out of state and hope that's not the case lol ?

I think it is probably close to true that they only accept on or two out of state per cohort. Louisiana schools tend to focus on taking care of their own

11 hours ago, madoc said:

Yes, LSUHSC gives priority to in-state residents and usually only accepts one or two out-of-state students.

5 minutes ago, edardi1 said:

Yes, LSUHSC gives priority to in-state residents and usually only accepts one or two out-of-state students.

1 hour ago, SpeechNOLA said:

I think it is probably close to true that they only accept on or two out of state per cohort. Louisiana schools tend to focus on taking care of their own

That's good to know, thank you both!

On 2/7/2019 at 3:53 PM, SpeechNOLA said:

Has anyone received a time for their interview at LSUHSC?

Yes, I received a new email yesterday with time and more information !

I was invited to interview with LSUHSC and am wondering if they are really strict on only accepting one or two out of state students. I would really love to go if I get in but live in California (parents are from New Orleans) and am worried about not getting in because I am not a Louisiana resident. thank you!!!

On 2/12/2019 at 2:27 PM, eagerslp said:

how are people preparing for their interviews?I have mine this thursday and am getting both excited and stressed. It is my first interview and I'm unsure what type of questions they'll be asking

I did some research on the school and I also just going over some common interview questions.  I also did a mock interview with my advisor but still super nervous!! good luck!!

On 2/12/2019 at 2:27 PM, eagerslp said:

how are people preparing for their interviews?I have mine this thursday and am getting both excited and stressed. It is my first interview and I'm unsure what type of questions they'll be asking

12 hours ago, mgSLP2b said:

I did some research on the school and I also just going over some common interview questions.  I also did a mock interview with my advisor but still super nervous!! good luck!!

Has anyone had their interview yet? Mine is tomorrow and I'm super nervous. Just curious what kind of questions they asked or any advice for preparing you might have! thanks!

23 hours ago, ave_slp said:

they asked what're your strength/weaknesses, what makes our program stand out to you/and gave clinical scenarios!! it was really chill, you'll do great!