UNC MSW 2019

bswtomsw1

2 hours ago, Katertot said:

Wish they’d put us out of our misery ?

When they said the 15th I did not think they meant it lol. The hardest part is knowing that they probably did accept applicants this week...and are most likely saving rejections for the end ☹️

2 hours ago, honeynut said:

When they said the 15th I did not think they meant it lol. The hardest part is knowing that they probably did accept applicants this week...and are most likely saving rejections for the end ☹️

lol you're totally fine!! i went to UNC for undergrad and they are generally super last minute when it comes to administrative stuff. like they said for my undergrad acceptance they'd tell us in the month of january, and literally notified us jan 31st haha. it's super annoying and frustrating to deal with, but i don't think it means anything in terms of your application! I applied like december 11th and also haven't heard anything

3 minutes ago, Katertot said:

Also waitlisted, very impersonal notification ?

Another month of misery begins...I wonder how many are on the list ? either way it’s kind of nice to have some semblance of hope. 

1 hour ago, Shadylane427 said:

@honeynut @Katertot stats? When do you expect to find out?

they said we should know by april 22. 

my stats: gpa 3.67. psychology major gpa 3.9. I spent a couple years as a full time volunteer working at a group home and DV shelter. since then i've worked as a pre-school teacher and nanny. i probably could have written a better essay. if i don't get in this time i'll try again or attend NC State (if i get in, lol) 

Edited by honeynut

1 hour ago, honeynut said:

they said we should know by april 22. 

my stats: gpa 3.67. psychology major gpa 3.9. I spent a couple years as a full time volunteer working at a group home and DV shelter. since then i've worked as a pre-school teacher and nanny. i probably could have written a better essay. if i don't get in this time i'll try again or attend NC State (if i get in, lol) 

You applied to N.C. State? I asked because I did as well. 

1 hour ago, Sgk19 said:

It has me wondering if they’re going to send out rejections then acceptances or the other way around ?? I don’t want to bug, but I feel like calling and asking lol

I hope it's not rejections! It's been a real mixed bag in how they've been sending out decisions. I'm trying to keep the faith! Maybe calling wouldn't hurt--if you do, let us know!

21 minutes ago, MSWcandidate2019 said:

I hope it's not rejections! It's been a real mixed bag in how they've been sending out decisions. I'm trying to keep the faith! Maybe calling wouldn't hurt--if you do, let us know!

Agreed! I will call them in a few and let you guys know!

5 minutes ago, Sgk19 said:

She said they are sending out decisions in no exact order and everyone SHOULD hear back by Friday ?

?... very helpful of her. Thanks for sharing though. Hope the good news is on its way!