Waitlist?

dartdoc

I just got waitlisted at Harvard but I wonder whether I should actually expect something. I might apply to other schools outside of the US, so it's important for me to know how likely this is. 

2 hours ago, historygeek said:

FWIW, I had a friend who was waitlisted at Harvard for philosophy who is in her second semester there now. Definitely keep your options open! 

thanks for the hope :)

20 hours ago, dartdoc said:

I just got waitlisted at Harvard but I wonder whether I should actually expect something. I might apply to other schools outside of the US, so it's important for me to know how likely this is. 

Apply to other universities.  Never depend on waitlists.

Posted in the philosophy forum, but decided to cross-post here for more visibility + opinions:

Question for anyone who had to contact a school to find out that they were waitlisted - what is the proper department to reach out to? Graduate school admissions, head of the philosophy graduate department, or someone else entirely? I'm finally ready to ask a couple programs who I think (but I'm not sure) waitlisted or rejected me, but I don't want to make a poor impression by bothering the wrong people.